being 18+ owning a STi+seeing F&F:3= THE NEED TO DRIFT

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

bklynvw wrote: i think this drifting buisness is even more dangurus then street racing.
Unless it's done in a LARGE vacant space, yes, it definately is.
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

vq35 wrote:I saw on tv (forgot which show) where they had a shoot out between the m3 and the new rs4. Three tests where done head to head. 1/4 mile run, drifting and open course. The rs4 was able to drift (although being an awd) but it wasn't has pretty as the rwd m3. Regardless awd can drift. But then again, it WAS the rs4...
That would be Fifth Gear, with Tiff Needell in the RS4 and Jason Plato in the M3 CS. Tiff was getting 95º drifts with the RS4, but he almost always shot towards the middle of the corner and off the track for a brief moment.
initialeclipseshift
Senior Standardshifter

Post by initialeclipseshift »

JackBauer wrote:Man- I knew this would happen- watch there are going to be atleast 2 more posts a day dealing with drifting from now on out :lol: You can't drift on an sti. It will just straighten itself out when you attempt to slide.
the beauty of AWD lol
Take it from 4th to 2nd and take the corner no problem ^_^
vq35
Junior Standardshifter

Post by vq35 »

yea fifth gear. that rs4 is a monster!
g35 coupe 6mt bone stock
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

bklynvw wrote:cars are made to stick to the road. anyone tuning there car to drift is going to get themselfs killed. if your doing 100mph on the highway and had to make a quick manuvar your drifting car would do 50 360's befor crashing into something.
And sex was only meant in the vagina :roll: Thats the beauty of drifting- you have to be in control while you loose control- so you don't do 50 spinouts before meeting your doom. The whole point of drifting is that- cars aren't made to drift- even drift cars are tuned to have good traction. you need to break traction- a drift tuned car will break traction easier- but it still needs to be tuned to stick to the ground. It's a beautiful sport= I just hope this movie doesn't you know..... F it up
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

JackBauer wrote:I just hope this movie doesn't you know..... F it up
it will :roll: you know it will :? stupid movies :roll: stupider imitators :?
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

lol, they just used the term "the fast and the furious" on Modern Marvels on the History Channel :roll:

Subject Gasoline. Quote: "Gasoline fuels the world, and not just for the fast and the furious" (or something closely to that effect :?)
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
LS1Leader
Master Standardshifter

Post by LS1Leader »

jomotopia wrote:
JackBauer wrote:I just hope this movie doesn't you know..... F it up
it will :roll: you know it will :? stupid movies :roll: stupider imitators :?
Yup.
LS1Leader
Master Standardshifter

Post by LS1Leader »

JackBauer wrote:And sex was only meant in the vagina :roll: Thats the beauty of drifting- you have to be in control while you loose control- so you don't do 50 spinouts before meeting your doom. The whole point of drifting is that- cars aren't made to drift- even drift cars are tuned to have good traction. you need to break traction- a drift tuned car will break traction easier- but it still needs to be tuned to stick to the ground. It's a beautiful sport= I just hope this movie doesn't you know..... F it up
So now drifting = stick it in #2? Great analogy. :)
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

I was really excited about learning to drift when I get my car in a few months, then I realized, how the hell can I pay for several sets of tires a day most of the time, I can't so I guess I will have to wait till it ices or snows, or just rains, and go slide around in the lots and pretend I can drift where it won't completely kill my tires.

that movie also made me want to move to Japan because the city is so much more exciting looking that plain old texas. maybe I should learn japanese and go to college in japan. that would be fun stuff.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

eaglecatcher wrote: that movie also made me want to move to Japan because the city is so much more exciting looking that plain old texas. maybe I should learn japanese and go to college in japan. that would be fun stuff.
Yup.. Japan is definately on my list of "to visit one day" :D
mkracer89
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mkracer89 »

The only reason that they were able to drift with the EVO in the movie was because they converted it to rear wheel drive.
If I had the chance, I would also like to visit Japan someday.
Honda Civic EX coupe
Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

mkracer89 wrote:The only reason that they were able to drift with the EVO in the movie was because they converted it to rear wheel drive.
If I had the chance, I would also like to visit Japan someday.
Yup... Though I dunno why they converted the skyline in FnF2 to rear wheel drive only too... stupid hollywood...
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

Was it just me, or did the "used" Skyline that Paul Walker bought in that mini-movie not have the GT-R emblem? True, it looked very beat up, but chances are, it wasn't a GT-R.

The actual car is a C-West modified Skyline. I don't know about the RWD conversion though... what I DO know is that the RB26-powered Mustang in Tokyo Drift was faster than the Cleveland V8-powered ones that the crew used for drifting. Hot Rod magazine was clearly embarassed about this, and said that it would be a shame if anyone put Nissan engines in their Mustang.
VTECaddict
Master Standardshifter

Post by VTECaddict »

i dont think mitsu has as big of a stake in tokyo drift movie as nissan does. theres one Evo, and pretty much every other car was a nissan. the silvia, skyline that Hon did donuts around, RB26 in the mustang, and just about every other car was a Nissan Z.
2006 BMW 330i 6MT