My friend and mine's debate

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
jcprov21
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer RA

Post by jcprov21 »

Tinton wrote: Now, what you can do is go ask to drive her car, and teach her heel-toe, double-clutch, and maybe you'll get laid :D .
+1 If shes hot.. banger!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

subzero wrote:i say it will be a driver's race...unless her miata is a sleeper? then, my friend, that would be hilarious. as someone else stated, having a great launch will give you an edge. im kind of worried about that since you often mention how bad your tires are...or maybe its just in the rain?
they're really not bad in the dry. They hold on pretty well, and when they start to lose grip, they do so gradually, its not a defined line between grip and spin out, which I like.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

Tinton wrote:1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata 8.8 16.6
1995 Ford Mustang 3.8 9.9 17.3

You'll lose. And bigtime, might I add. Your stang is just too heavy and it lacks a decent powerband. IIRC the Miata will be about 1000 lbs lighter than your Mustang (2300 lbs vs. like 3300 lbs), and I think those older Miatas have like 110 hp vs. your 145 hp. It wouldn't go very well. Now, what you can do is go ask to drive her car, and teach her heel-toe, double-clutch, and maybe you'll get laid :D .
I doubt shed do it, but we argue over everything.

my car is 3074lbs or something like that, +- a few lbs, and I've got 150hp, but mine comes at like 2k rpm sooner than hers, and I've got gobs more torque than her, but then again she has the weight.

it probably will never happen, but I just like thinking about scenarios. fun stuff.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

jcprov21 wrote:
Tinton wrote: Now, what you can do is go ask to drive her car, and teach her heel-toe, double-clutch, and maybe you'll get laid :D .
+1 If shes hot.. banger!

yeah, shes hot.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

eaglecatcher wrote:
jcprov21 wrote:
+1 If shes hot.. banger!

yeah, shes hot.
Wait...time out. You know a hot chick, who drives a stick, likes to drive fast...maybe even race, and you HAVEN'T TAPPED THAT ***!?!?

:lol:
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

trust me, shes a little crazy. She has threatened to rip my manhood off on several occasions, for things like not giving her half of my snickers bar and stuff like that
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
PureLife
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '98 BMW 323is (2.8)

Post by PureLife »

eaglecatcher wrote:
Tinton wrote:1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata 8.8 16.6
1995 Ford Mustang 3.8 9.9 17.3

You'll lose. And bigtime, might I add. Your stang is just too heavy and it lacks a decent powerband. IIRC the Miata will be about 1000 lbs lighter than your Mustang (2300 lbs vs. like 3300 lbs), and I think those older Miatas have like 110 hp vs. your 145 hp. It wouldn't go very well. Now, what you can do is go ask to drive her car, and teach her heel-toe, double-clutch, and maybe you'll get laid :D .
I doubt shed do it, but we argue over everything.

my car is 3074lbs or something like that, +- a few lbs, and I've got 150hp, but mine comes at like 2k rpm sooner than hers, and I've got gobs more torque than her, but then again she has the weight.

it probably will never happen, but I just like thinking about scenarios. fun stuff.
Don't forget the weight of the Miata ... its down on power, but its a lot lighter therefore easier to get moving. And don't forget most Miatas have an LSD, while you're running an open diff. Makes a world of difference when launching.

btw, i put money on you walking away from it upwards of 75, but up to that, hard to tell really.
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

eaglecatcher wrote:trust me, shes a little crazy. She has threatened to rip my manhood off on several occasions, for things like not giving her half of my snickers bar and stuff like that
I can see that... What if he does tap that?
"That was amazing! *knife chops off Mr. Fireman*"

"Him... Eunuchey... *makes hand gestures* Snip snip." :lol: :lol: :lol:
(I love that movie...)
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

Nychold wrote:
eaglecatcher wrote:
jcprov21 wrote: +1 If shes hot.. banger!

yeah, shes hot.
Wait...time out. You know a hot chick, who drives a stick, likes to drive fast...maybe even race, and you HAVEN'T TAPPED THAT ***!?!?

+1000!
ra64t
Master Standardshifter

Post by ra64t »

eaglecatcher wrote:trust me, shes a little crazy. She has threatened to rip my manhood off on several occasions, for things like not giving her half of my snickers bar and stuff like that
sounds like she likes you

go on a driving date and try out each others cars or something...
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

I highly doubt she likes me. Either way, I don't really like her that much anyways. Shes kind of a bitch, and those aren't my kinds of girls. I may see if I can get something out of it anyways though.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

eaglecatcher wrote:I highly doubt she likes me. Either way, I don't really like her that much anyways. Shes kind of a bitch, and those aren't my kinds of girls. I may see if I can get something out of it anyways though.
I second ra64t's thoughts. Why would she keep nagging you like that if she didn't like you :?: :wink: :)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

potownrob wrote:
eaglecatcher wrote:I highly doubt she likes me. Either way, I don't really like her that much anyways. Shes kind of a bitch, and those aren't my kinds of girls. I may see if I can get something out of it anyways though.
I second ra64t's thoughts. Why would she keep nagging you like that if she didn't like you :?: :wink: :)
+1
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
Oldladykiller
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Oldladykiller »

just cause she doesnt know about heel toe and crap doesnt really mean anything cause she wont need to do it in a drag race... and a lot of people dont know about that, but they can still shift real fast.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

Miata wins hands down (if she doesnt screw up). Face the facts, the Miata has a better power to weigth ratio, and has a longer powerband (maybe.. but judging by what you said, you only have a 2k powerband). No offense to you man, but you'd lose. You car just isn't fast... Think about it; people in stock civics are take on v6 stangs.