07 Tacoma X-Runner vs. 06 Monte Carlo Intimidator SS

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
Brass
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Tacoma X-Runner

07 Tacoma X-Runner vs. 06 Monte Carlo Intimidator SS

Post by Brass »

*off topic* YEP, I FINALLY GOT A MANUAL. *on topic*

i had my new tacoma for about two days and on the way back from my friends house in the countryside i came up to a four-way stop with an intimidator ss monte carlo pulling up after me. rich punk pulled out in front of me, slammed his brake to stop my progress (i guess he wanted me to hit him, the POC) and revved his engine. i was in 2nd at about 25 mph and had to slow down to about 2 to keep from rear-ending that fool. i ended up bucking the truck and got back on the clutch pedal just enough to keep from stalling.

as he started to pull away i made my speed back up to about 45 in fourth, trying not to cuss him out with my new g/f in the car (she hates cursing and i'm trying to stop forever.)
she looks over at me and says "so, how fast is this truck?"

i picked my speed up to about 55 and caught up to his rear, he revved again and we were on a pretty flat road. i pulled up parallel and he flipped us both off and took off.
p*ssed off by now, i shifted into 3rd without thinking and i said "buckle up kathy"

in the next second, the truck was at 75 in 3rd gear, and kept climbing to about 93 before i dropped into fourth. we caught up to the monte in about 100 yards and he was hauling right along with us. at the top of fourth my truck was at 112 and i think his speed limiter kicked in at about 120-something because by the time i shifted to fifth i was pulling away from him and he never caught back up. i glanced up at my rear-view mirror and homeboy's lower jaw was in his floorboard....
i figure the tacoma x-runner will get around 140 max but it has only 120 on the dash. i need a gps lol. :D

long story short, i am extremely happy with my new truck , my g/f is crazy about my *cough driving skills cough cough* (wish me luck on learning to drive this thing lol.), and i got to teach some rich sunuva gun not to underestimate a light truck. it was a good day :mrgreen:

2007 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner, Super Black, 6 spd.
Mods: B&M stainless steel shifter knob, 15% window tint, fresh oil change (LOL)
:) God Bless
.......Yay my avy workz!
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Re: 07 Tacoma X-Runner vs. 06 Monte Carlo Intimidator SS

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

Sweet, way to show his ass. I'm guessing you have the V6 right? Those trucks are scary fast. I wouldn't say those trucks are very light though. A 2005 X-Runner weighs 3690 lbs. On the other hand, even with my measly 115 hp, I've surprised quite a few people with the 2315 lb. Corolla. With the stick and very low weight it is pretty speedy in 1st gear. And some of 2nd, after that, the low power can't compensate. Oh well, long live Toyotas and sticks!
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

God, I hate those Dale Earnhardt wannabes. Especially in those cars...it's just funny to watch. :lol:
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Are you boosted or is it all stock? Even with a 4 spd auto it doesn't make much sense how that car could've lost so badly.
PureLife
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '98 BMW 323is (2.8)

Post by PureLife »

Are you sure he was trying?

300hp/3400lbs vs 240hp/3700lbs ... something just doesn't add up. I'm not saying your truck is slow, (nor am I a huge fan of the Monte Carlo), but 60hp more and 300lbs less is a BIG difference.

edit: And then there's aerodynamics too at those speeds.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Monte Carlo may be one of the ugliest cars in existance.

Glad you beat the little puke
Brass
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Brass »

nah, the only thing boosted in the truck is my lively right foot lol.

hey thanks. i'd been wondering how much my truck weighed...
now that y'all mention it, that does seem kinda fishy. i guess he either didn't try or he hit his speed limiter. anybody know the max speed on a monte ss intimidator?

but, on the other hand, my truck will reach 120 at 4000 in 5th gear. maybe i overcame him with the torque? (270 lb/ft) :shock:
and that's about the time i started pulling away...... and he let up soon after that....
.......Yay my avy workz!
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

270ftlb of torque is pathetic in a full size v8 truck
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
Brass
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Brass »

True, buddy, very true. *AHEM*

My truck is a Tacoma. Last time I checked, the Tundra was Toyota's full-size truck.
And BTW, it has a V6.
Last edited by Brass on Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.......Yay my avy workz!
PureLife
Master Standardshifter

Post by PureLife »

No need to get in a fighting mood man ... we're just trying to figure out what exactly happened.

btw, The Monte Carlo has 320lb.ft of torque ...
Brass
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Brass »

Ah, i did kinda come off as a smarta**. Sorry mate.

it has the same output as an 05 Mustang GT??? (300/320)
so, how the hell did i get past him? :shock: :?:
he probably wasn't trying.......

ah well, the look on his face was priceless tho. :mrgreen: i guess he underestimated the truck or something.....
even though it weighs as much as a pregnant audi rofl..... :wink:
.......Yay my avy workz!
kamesama980
Senior Standardshifter

Post by kamesama980 »

Brass wrote:Ah, i did kinda come off as a smarta**. Sorry mate.

it has the same output as an 05 Mustang GT??? (300/320)
so, how the hell did i get past him? :shock: :?:
he probably wasn't trying.......

ah well, the look on his face was priceless tho. :mrgreen: i guess he underestimated the truck or something.....
even though it weighs as much as a pregnant audi rofl..... :wink:
his was an auto (loses a lot of that torque) and 4 speed. at that speed, he was probably in OD wheras your 4th and 5th are probably similar to his 3rd. toyotas also have more rpms to use which can make a difference, esp at high speed. production chevrolets are all bottom end, even the S/C 3800
-Russ
2012 Nissan Frontier 4.0l M6 4x4
1990 Toyota Cressida 3.0l M5
1994 Pontiac Firebird LT1 M6
1970 Volkwagen Beetle M4
1990 Suzuki VX800 SM5
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

i wikid it real quick and dale earnhard monte was an 04-05, with a blown 3800 making 240hp and 280ftlb torque

i cant be hassled to look up the weight, but im sure its way overweight like every other american car
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

anyone here ever try to drive a newer model monte carlo? worst fu<king car ever. after getting out, my back was killing me. doubt it could've been any more uncomfortable than it was. plus the shifter has no gear labels on it (PRNDL), instead it is shown on the dash, which doesn't sound like that bad but it is a pain in the ass at night and just akward.

its a shame. that much power and they made it handle like crap and decided to leave it with FWD
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
PureLife
Master Standardshifter

Post by PureLife »

vedran wrote:anyone here ever try to drive a newer model monte carlo? worst fu<king car ever. after getting out, my back was killing me. doubt it could've been any more uncomfortable than it was. plus the shifter has no gear labels on it (PRNDL), instead it is shown on the dash, which doesn't sound like that bad but it is a pain in the ass at night and just akward.

its a shame. that much power and they made it handle like crap and decided to leave it with FWD
I never drove a Monte, but I did once drive a older Grand Prix Pontiac. Oh. my. god. I have been inside of trains over which I felt like I had more control than that car. And like you said, I got out feeling like I just got ran over by it instead of being in it.