No more stick-shift Acuras

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Re: No more stick-shift Acuras

Post by Squint »

DKaz wrote:
tankinbeans wrote:Would buy another manual were the price right and if it had power windows.
Roll up windows are pretty much almost extinct. Not a single compact car has roll up windows anymore. Even in the subcompact class, the last subcompact to have rollup windows -- the Toyota Yaris -- has standard power windows now. It's just the microcompacts that still have roll up windows in the base trims, as well as the Jeep Wrangler.
I would agree with you for the most part, but you might be surprised by a vehicle every now and again. I learned last week while reading a review that the base 2015 F-150 - the completely redesigned aluminum body, new style, etc... - has manual windows and locks.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Squint wrote:
DKaz wrote:
tankinbeans wrote:Would buy another manual were the price right and if it had power windows.
Roll up windows are pretty much almost extinct. Not a single compact car has roll up windows anymore. Even in the subcompact class, the last subcompact to have rollup windows -- the Toyota Yaris -- has standard power windows now. It's just the microcompacts that still have roll up windows in the base trims, as well as the Jeep Wrangler.
I would agree with you for the most part, but you might be surprised by a vehicle every now and again. I learned last week while reading a review that the base 2015 F-150 - the completely redesigned aluminum body, new style, etc... - has manual windows and locks.
I think you misread that article. It said that some guy named "Manuel" installed the windows and locks, some guy named "Jesus" installed the Jesus Clip on the shift linkage and "Jose" installed the heater core feeder line.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Rope-Pusher wrote:"Jose" installed the heater core feeder line.
No wonder it leaks. Jose is blind. That's why we sing "Jose can you see", it's to make fun of Mexico.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Rope-Pusher wrote:some guy named "Jesus" installed the Jesus Clip on the shift linkage
I thought Jesus Clips held transmission cooler lines in place on Mopar vehicles.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

watkins wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote:some guy named "Jesus" installed the Jesus Clip on the shift linkage
I thought Jesus Clips held transmission cooler lines in place on Mopar vehicles.
I think the term can apply to any spring-steel clip that, when removed, goes flying to some far corner of the garage, prompting you to ask that Spanish guy "Jesus, where did it go?"
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

If you are riding with a crazy driving friend, you better hope their vehicle has Jesus handles.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Technical term is "Oh Shit! Handles"
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

With the complementary invisible brake pedal.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!