Chevrolet Colorado 6 speed manual

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Re: Chevrolet Colorado 6 speed manual

Post by bk7794 »

I think I'd do something like this.

2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

That looks really nice, but also it looks like a pain in the butt to convert between camper and pickup usage if you ever want to haul anything dirty.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Stelcom66
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Stelcom66 »

bk7794 wrote:Personally I need something on the smaller side. An F150 sized truck would not fit in my driveway and would be very cumbersome to drive in tight places.
I liked the size of the Dodge Dakota I had (with a 5MT) but the cab was tight not being an extended cab. The bed was 6.5 feet long, but not 4' between the wheel wells, but you could haul a 4x8 sheet on top of the wheel wells with 2x4s placed in indents in the bedliner. Of course the tailgate would be down. That truck with the manual and V6 would average around 18.5 mpg, but it was 2WD and for various reasons I needed 4WD. Too bad the manual on the Colorado is only offered with 2WD. Then again I've heard 2WD pickup truck owners can get by in winter adequately with very good tires and a lot of weight in back. I have a full size pickup now, but can certainly understand why a smaller truck for some would make more sense, and probably why GM reinstated that size.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Jeep Wrangler to stay in Toledo, Cherokee leaving, Wrangler-based pickup coming

CEO Sergio Marchionne says that the automaker has “found a solution” to the question of how best to expand production of the Jeep Wrangler.

FCA’s Toledo Assembly Complex is composed of two plants: one smaller body-on-frame plant that builds the Wrangler and another nearly new unibody plant that builds the Cherokee. The two lines share some common parts staging, but otherwise operate independently.

The plan would require the unibody plant, locally known as Toledo North, to be converted to body-on-frame assembly. The redesigned Wrangler would launch there.

Loss of the Cherokee is a blow to Toledo, which had sought to keep the vehicle and expand Wrangler production. Through August, the Cherokee is Jeep’s top-selling vehicle in the U.S., averaging 17,611 sales per month. However, that wound may be salved if new vehicles to be added prove as popular.

FCA’s plan would ensure that Wrangler production would continue while the plant is retooled for the redesigned 2018 Wrangler. The off-roader is one of the automaker’s most popular and profitable vehicles. Production of the redesigned Wrangler and pickup is planned to reach 350,000 per year, according to suppliers briefed on the plan.

The Cherokee would move, likely to Sterling Heights Assembly in Michigan, or possibly Belvidere Assembly in Illinois. Both plants are capable of building the Cherokee with little or no retooling, as the Cherokee shares a platform with the Chrysler 200 built in Sterling Heights and the Dodge Dart built in Belvidere.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015090 ... /FRONTPAGE

...and there's always that soon-tubey-M-Petty Mitsubishi Plant in Normal, IL.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

I wonder if the next generation of Wrangler will be less annoying to work on than the current. Definitely interested to see the truck. Theres someone around here with the Mopar conversion kit. It was done to a Sport and he never upgraded wheels or tires so it looks a bit foolish.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

I've read the rumors that Ford are thinking about bringing the Ranger nameplate back along with the Bronco. Then again the Bronco was an April fools joke as late as 2012 so...
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

just get a forester (2nd gen ideally) :D
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.