What are your thoughts on the new Civic?

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

What are your thoughts on the new Civic?

Post by bk7794 »

So I saw a new Civic in person the other day. I took a peak at their website but it seems that they're after one thing, a lease. Seems that they're falling to the masses with all automatic transmissions with both enigne choices. I feel that 1.5t would be quite awesome in stick shift format. I guess development is in the works but who knows if it will make it to production. The SI should be interesting to see...

I wonder how the seats are.... :roll: :roll:

Personally I think my next car will either be a truck or a hatch.

Heres a video, you can see how the valvetrain looks so...not interesting anymore. No VTEC
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: What are your thoughts on the new Civic?

Post by tankinbeans »

I'd have to see one in the flesh to know. So far the pictures leave something to be desired. I've never really been interested in Civics to begin with, though I did test drive one back in 09. Nice enough little runabout.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

tankinbeans wrote:I'd have to see one in the flesh to know. So far the pictures leave something to be desired. I've never really been interested in Civics to begin with, though I did test drive one back in 09. Nice enough little runabout.
I bet they fill their owners with Civic Pride.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

bk7794 wrote:So I saw a new Civic in person the other day. I took a peak at their website but it seems that they're after one thing, a lease. Seems that they're falling to the masses with all automatic transmissions with both enigne choices. I feel that 1.5t would be quite awesome in stick shift format. I guess development is in the works but who knows if it will make it to production. The SI should be interesting to see...

I wonder how the seats are.... :roll: :roll:

Personally I think my next car will either be a truck or a hatch.

Heres a video, you can see how the valvetrain looks so...not interesting anymore. No VTEC
ain't nothing wrong with a lease, and their lease deal for the civic looks good (if you have the good credit). also nothing wrong with no VTEC on the turbo engine; alas, it DOES have variable valve timing, just not full out VTEC (and did you miss the part about it being boosted??). just glad they finally stopped pushing the 2015s as though they were still new and relevant cars. you CAN get the new civic with a stick, but it only is offered on the base 2 litre LX model. i tried finding out from honda if they will offer the manual on other trim levels (like at least the EX), but never got an answer. i also asked if they plan to bring back the CD player (no joke), as none of the new civics have one. 2nd part of the following video is about the LX manual. Sure looks good to me (other than not having the EX features). Skip to 17 minutes for the LX manual (first part is about the touring model).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFMj5gzeqLQ
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.