How is the 1.4t and 2.4 Dodge Dart?

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: How is the 1.4t and 2.4 Dodge Dart?

Post by tankinbeans »

If I were to choose based on looks alone I'd take a Prowler. Completely impractical, but interesting to look at.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Please don't think all Neons were like the 3-speed slushboxes you drove.

The first generation Amish Neons were fun to drive and the ACR models took several national championships in SCCA Showroom Stock racing. I would say that the '95 Neon took a big jump ahead of the competition in the "fun to drive" category. The problem was, there was no continuous improvement on the 2.0 motor and the competition caught up within a few years. The Neon got significantly heavier in the 2nd generation, primarily due to improved crashworthiness (full-frame doors and offset-impact bracing).

The SRT-4 version was engineered by the same guys that worked on the Viper - need I say more?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

I think the one I drove, which was my friend's (he was a bit wasted and in no condition to drive), had more trouble because there was about 1000 pounds worth of passenger. I couldn't get up to 60 to save my life.

I remember when he bought it. He was scheduled to look at a Millenia the next day, but decided he couldn't wait and had to get the car NAO. I think he should have waited, but alas he didn't.

He sent the Neon to the scrapyard. Then he sent a Prism to the scrapyard. After that was a LeSabre and now he's on his way to sending a Century to the scrapyard. All of these rigs were in decent shape when he started driving then, bit he has a habit of not even trying to keep up on them.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Teamwork
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 VW GTI

Post by Teamwork »

I'm reviving this- anyone hear literally days ago for the mid (late) cycle refresh the updates? They are pretty much discounting all of the trims even further- you could probably walk out with a "GT sport" at 23k which is a pretty well equipped car. The curb weight on this thing makes it a pig though... it weighs close to or as much as some mid size sedans wow.

I've been seeing a ton of these things on Long Island. My old manager even had one (he buys vehicles on the basis of cheap so) but he was in his 50's... mostly the demographic when I peak in are young teens though both male and female. If you need a first or first new car and want a lot of bang for buck this is pretty enticing at this point.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Teamwork wrote:you could probably walk out with a "GT sport" at 23k which is a pretty well equipped car. The curb weight on this thing makes it a pig though... it weighs close to or as much as some mid size sedans wow.
If it weighs that much then it may be wise to drive it out instead of walking out, lest you hurt your back.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Teamwork
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 VW GTI

Post by Teamwork »

theholycow wrote:
Teamwork wrote:you could probably walk out with a "GT sport" at 23k which is a pretty well equipped car. The curb weight on this thing makes it a pig though... it weighs close to or as much as some mid size sedans wow.
If it weighs that much then it may be wise to drive it out instead of walking out, lest you hurt your back.
Ha, I mean at the rate these things need to be incentive to sell I'd probably have it delivered not even to the dealership but right to my house in some fine line agreement. They should be happy enough I even look at it.

The first time around again back in 2012 when I was looking to lease my first car ever and get out of my 95 Corolla with 188k I remember the guy at the Dodge dealership kept telling me to wait.. that this was going to be the car that dethroned the Civic and Corolla. It definitely didn't help that the first cars that they got were like base 2.0L N/A's... I literally waited 2 weeks- test drove it, and as soon as I was done that afternoon I went straight to KIA and purchased.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

I get to bleed a Dart clutch this morning. Joy :x
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

watkins wrote:I get to bleed a Dart clutch this morning. Joy :x
I guess you'll be using that "Miller Special Tool 34589734"
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

Rope-Pusher wrote:
watkins wrote:I get to bleed a Dart clutch this morning. Joy :x
I guess you'll be using that "Miller Special Tool 34589734"
That only works on model years 13 and 14 all the rest need part 666WTFBBQ-7.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport