Odd Vehicles With A Manual Trans

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Odd Vehicles With A Manual Trans

Post by potownrob »

IMBoring25 wrote:There was a day when young people cared that they were broke.
true, but i imagine they'd be more liable to get a dx sedan than an lx coupe.

edit: of course, if the lx coupe were close in price, EYE might even take the coupe over the sedan... :twisted:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

potownrob wrote:
IMBoring25 wrote:There was a day when young people cared that they were broke.
true, but i imagine they'd be more liable to get a dx sedan than an lx coupe.

edit: of course, if the lx coupe were close in price, EYE might even take the coupe over the sedan... :twisted:
I had an LX coupe with steelies. Of course I bought it used. Was a decent rig.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

bk7794 wrote:I forgot about the Mazda6 V6. I wonder how one of those would be to drive. I really want a v6 car but the only coupe is the v6 Accord available with a stick. OR an older Solara v6 5 speed lmao.
My first car was a 2005 Mazda6 5-door V6, but with an auto. I kicked myself everyday for not getting the manual, that V6 was a blast to drive, had grunt, and had a great sound. The kicking ended when I decided to spring for a Mazdaspeed6 a year later, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Also, I have to say, today, as of these last couple years, a car like mine I suppose would be an odd vehicle with a manual being only one of two of its kind (V8 RWD sedans). I pose this question to Rope: If the Charger (all configurations) came in a manual, would manuals be more popular these days? I see Chargers everywhere.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
Teamwork
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 VW GTI

Post by Teamwork »

six wrote:
bk7794 wrote:I forgot about the Mazda6 V6. I wonder how one of those would be to drive. I really want a v6 car but the only coupe is the v6 Accord available with a stick. OR an older Solara v6 5 speed lmao.
My first car was a 2005 Mazda6 5-door V6, but with an auto. I kicked myself everyday for not getting the manual, that V6 was a blast to drive, had grunt, and had a great sound. The kicking ended when I decided to spring for a Mazdaspeed6 a year later, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Also, I have to say, today, as of these last couple years, a car like mine I suppose would be an odd vehicle with a manual being only one of two of its kind (V8 RWD sedans). I pose this question to Rope: If the Charger (all configurations) came in a manual, would manuals be more popular these days? I see Chargers everywhere.
You're car is a rare bird indeed (IMO) and I actually use it as a reference point for that infamous "usable family sedan, v8, RWD, and manual". I would probably be keeping that thing for life at this point.

About the second question, I don't think it would make manual more popular in a charger. The demographic for that vehicle is pretty vast and I feel like most people would just stick with the auto and the manual would still have a fairly low take rate in that.
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

If it had a decent tow rating I'd probably have one myself.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

six wrote:Image
I pose this question to Rope: If the Charger (all configurations) came in a manual, would manuals be more popular these days? I see Chargers everywhere.
Sure, you see chargers everywhere, but most simply plug into a wall outlet, a cigar lighter outlet or a USB outlet. Very few people want manual chargers anymore.

A big problem, in these trying times we live in, is that people purchase cars off the dealer's lots instead of ordering them. Dealers order cars they can easily sell. Cars with Amish transmixers can only be sold to maybe 10% of the population, so most dealers don't order them for their sales lots.

When oui went thru awl the trubble to offer a V-6 Dodge Stratus of the Amish persuasion, after the first year, only 1,500 people had purchased them vs . maybe 100,000 of the slushbox variety. "Death to the Infidel!" was the cry from manglement.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"