Dodge Dart Manuel Woes

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Dodge Dart Manuel Woes

Post by potownrob »

AHTOXA wrote:
watkins wrote:
tankinbeans wrote:glitchy UConnect trash.
Interesting... UConnect is by far the most user-friendly infotainment system on the market.
Yeah, I agree with this. I had a few FCA rentals when traveling and Uconnect is good. The only issue I have is having to go through it to use heated seats in the current gen Durango. I'd much rather have a physical button for things like that, but that's not an issue with Uconnect itself. It works quite good.

Subaru comes somewhere on the bottom based on my experience. Their interface in 2016 was atrocious and while improved now is still sub par.

I use Android Auto in my truck which I love immensely, contrary to Toyota's in-house trash they are using (apparently new models are rolling with CarPlay now).
the only current toyotas with entune 3.0 are the new 2018 camry and 2018 sienna. they will have it in new models that come out though like the epic corolla wagon or whatever it's going to be called. i like apple carplay in my golf, but the interface is far from perfect. the way messages and other apps like maps are implemented is incomplete and frustrating. the details in maps (used for navigation) is pretty much non-existent. communicating with siri for messages etc. is frustrating at best. hopefully the newer VWs (and other cars) have a better interface for apple carplay. android auto, from what i understand, is much better, at least on the VWs.

edit: anyone have experience w/ hyundai's smartphone/smartcar interface?? it looks cool from what i can tell.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

potownrob wrote:
AHTOXA wrote:
watkins wrote: Interesting... UConnect is by far the most user-friendly infotainment system on the market.
Yeah, I agree with this. I had a few FCA rentals when traveling and Uconnect is good. The only issue I have is having to go through it to use heated seats in the current gen Durango. I'd much rather have a physical button for things like that, but that's not an issue with Uconnect itself. It works quite good.

Subaru comes somewhere on the bottom based on my experience. Their interface in 2016 was atrocious and while improved now is still sub par.

I use Android Auto in my truck which I love immensely, contrary to Toyota's in-house trash they are using (apparently new models are rolling with CarPlay now).
the only current toyotas with entune 3.0 are the new 2018 camry and 2018 sienna. they will have it in new models that come out though like the epic corolla wagon or whatever it's going to be called. i like apple carplay in my golf, but the interface is far from perfect. the way messages and other apps like maps are implemented is incomplete and frustrating. the details in maps (used for navigation) is pretty much non-existent. communicating with siri for messages etc. is frustrating at best. hopefully the newer VWs (and other cars) have a better interface for apple carplay. android auto, from what i understand, is much better, at least on the VWs.

edit: anyone have experience w/ hyundai's smartphone/smartcar interface?? it looks cool from what i can tell.
I never used Apple Carplay, but Android Auto works really well. The map detail is great, it's easy to search, add routes, stops, etc. I only use Spotify and Google maps in regards to integrated apps, but those work really well. Voice Control is very, very good. I do all my nav operations via voice. The google map search function is just as good as on mobile device. And, it has capability to read my text messages, have me reply to them by discating the reply (very accurate in my opinion) and it also reads out a few paragraphs from some wiki articles and other search items. This last one is a hit or miss, but I often tell her a voice command to translate units of measure, tell me weather forecast for a given zip, or my dad always messes with her asking to translate stuff into French, for example. Works like a charm. It's not exactly Google assistant in its full function, but some capabilities are there and they are growing.

I would not buy another vehicle without Android Auto. That's how much I use it and love it.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed