cookie? forum? browser? issue...

About the forum and Standardshift.com.
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

cookie? forum? browser? issue...

Post by comingbackdown »

I don't know whether it's the forum, or whether it's my browser.

I use Opera's wand feature to log-in to SS.

Occasionally, seemingly at random, it'll insert my old password... Or maybe it doesn't... I'm not sure.

But for some reason, I click the wand and then have to type my sn/pw anyway... I can't seem to fix the problem...

Maybe I should just delete the wand entry, completely clear my cache and history, and re-enter it. I'm gonna try that here in about five minutes...
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
VTECaddict
Master Standardshifter

Post by VTECaddict »

why dont you just check the "Log me on automatically each visit:" box when you log in so you stay logged in.
2006 BMW 330i 6MT
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

VTECaddict wrote:why dont you just check the "Log me on automatically each visit:" box when you log in so you stay logged in.
I have my reasons. One being the fact that somebody can walk up to my computer if I'm out of the room and do baaaaaaad things...

I have a friend who could walk up to my computer, reboot, wipe my password, log on as me, search my bookmarks, history, and wand...
Let's just say there's some history of my friend and myself messing with each other's heads...

He hears about this place all the time... I wouldn't be surprised if my profile or something changed...

That's why I don't set that though. Even though my friend could bypass my security, nobody else I know can.s
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

he's not talking about me....but if scion_xA didn't change his pw, i could do that to his acct...if he's still a memeber here that is...

but aaron could mess w/ my acct...lolz
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
phantomD
Senior Standardshifter

Post by phantomD »

In Firefox, click Tools->Clear Private data, make sure "Saved Passwords" is selected then say OK.

In Internet Explorer 7, click Tools->Delete Browsing History, then "Delete Passwords". Say yes.

Then don't ever enter the old password ever again.

EDIT: Whoops I don't use Opera...copied this from the Internet.

You can clear all Wand passwords from the "Delete Private Data" entry in the "File" menu or from the dialog that appears on a page with multiple passwords saved on it.
-"The car just stalled!"
-"No, you just stalled the car!"