Car Covers

Car parts you want to buy
P911C4
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: '04 911, '08 Civic Si

Car Covers

Post by P911C4 »

Winter is coming to upstate New York.

I have had the privilege of garage use since the purchase of my new car back at the beginning of September, but as the bad weather will start moving in, my car will need to find itself a new home - specifically in the driveway, with no sort of protection from the elements.

With that in mind, I'm looking for (advice regarding) a car cover. I would like it to be form-fitting (i.e. made specifically for my Civic) and weatherproof against all precipitation (snow and rain) - most specifically snow, but I do know that some car covers have warnings not to use the covers in freezing temperatures citing that if the covers get wet, they will freeze to the car and damage the finish...

I don't know what kind of material would be best, but it needs to be weatherproof and not scratch the surface of the car.

My budget is flexible. I know one can spend hundreds of dollars on a car cover, but at the same time I'm more concerned with getting a quality product that will protect my investment rather than using a lumber cover which probably won't.

I thank you in advance for your leads, recommendations, and any experience you all might have with such products.
-Rich
StandardShift.com Member #193

The Stable:
//2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 6MT//
//2008 Honda Civic Si 6MT//
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Re: Car Covers

Post by watkins »

Buy a portible garage thing instead. So much easier. One of those tent type things.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: Car Covers

Post by AHTOXA »

I take it the car is not a daily driver? Si or not, that defeats the whole point of having a Civic...it's the epitome of a daily driver.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650