WTB: hid lights

Car parts you want to buy
PradaGurl
Junior Standardshifter

WTB: hid lights

Post by PradaGurl »

hey guys ive been looking to buy some new hid lights for my car...does anybody have any for sale? my boyfriend used to take care of all of my car stuff but we just broke up...andd ive never bought any car parts online before so i have like no idea what im doing...like whats the best kind to buy? ive been looking at new hid light kits at this website but im not sure if its a good deal or not. has anyone ever purchased from them before? or could someone recommend a good website for me to buy from? thanx a ton!

<3
Kara
Kiss me and i'll see stars ...love me and i'll give them to you!
Caramel
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: [1999 Volvo S70]

Re: WTB: hid lights

Post by Caramel »

Just my opinion. HID headlights look GREAT, but they're REALLY REALLY annoying at night. If you don't know what I mean, shine an LED flashlight in your eyes.

If you're going to buy them I hope you consider other people. Regular lights are perfect for city driving.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

HID glare isn't so bad when it's done properly, with new housings and reflectors that are made for HIDs. I think the worst HID glare is when people just stick HIDs into their stock housings.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

gurl - what kind of car?
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

If your car does not originally come with HIDs, it would be best for you and the others around you that you get your headlights professionally retrofitted with HID projectors.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

six wrote:If your car does not originally come with HIDs, it would be best for you and the others around you that you get your headlights professionally retrofitted with HID projectors.
+1.
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

six wrote:If your car does not originally come with HIDs, it would be best for you and the others around you that you get your headlights professionally retrofitted with HID projectors.
Absolutely. HID bulbs in regular reflects makes it not only worse for the other drivers, but for you as well. The beam is highly scattered and makes visibility worse when it's foggy or when conditions are bad otherwise. Brighter isn't always better - not when it isn't used properly at least.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650