97 Nissan Maxima 5 speed Transmission

Car parts you want to buy
rbhays
Junior Standardshifter

97 Nissan Maxima 5 speed Transmission

Post by rbhays »

I curently driving a 97 nissan maxima gle automatic and i am very frustrated with the tranny. I want to swap the transmission to a 5 speed but cant seem to find any parts. Would anyone know a good place to look???
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Were you asking about this on the org the other day? I swear I saw a 97 GLE 5 speed swap question on there... Anyways, here's the site I found that seems to have decently priced parts:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/secondtier_a32.html

The swap has definitely been done before but, from what I hear, it's a heck of a job. The org (maxima.org) should be able to help you with this, nonetheless :wink: .
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

On the org, I would check the 4th generation stickies for info on the 5 speed swap I vaguely remember coming across something on this swap :twisted: .
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
rbhays
Junior Standardshifter

Post by rbhays »

thanks for the links :)
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

No problem :P
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

The Swap

Post by potownrob »