Mazda Sirius Tuner

Car parts you want to buy
papyrus
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2006 Mazda3

Mazda Sirius Tuner

Post by papyrus »

I'm looking for a tuner for my Mazda and would like to avoid going through the dealership due to cost. If your Mazda came with a Sirius tuner but you decided you don't want it, don't like it, prefer XM or whatever, I would love to talk about buying it from you.

I've had a Sirius account for a few years and my portable reciever just broke - would love to use the in-dash reciever. :biggrin:
from now on, we'll take 'here' to mean 'here i am, rock you like a hurricane.' mooninites ftw!
papyrus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by papyrus »

I'm bumping this since we've got so many Mazda3 owners on the forum...anyone? Please? :mrgreen:
from now on, we'll take 'here' to mean 'here i am, rock you like a hurricane.' mooninites ftw!
Ironichumour
Master Standardshifter

Post by Ironichumour »

I'm sorry, I can't help! I don't have any car, let alone a Mazda3! :(

C'mon Mazda3 people, there's tons of you! :P
It's not what's on the outside, it's what's under the hood
dklkse
Master Standardshifter

Post by dklkse »

I only listen to CDs (thanks to torrent, I haven't even had to 'buy' any music in a looong time :wink:). I haven't even set any stations on the car's radio.

Anyway, maybe e-bay would be able to help you out? There's a little bit of everything there.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...
hockeystyx16 wrote:they got ABS placebo all up their ass making them feel safe and warm
papyrus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by papyrus »

Ah - you should give Sirius a try. Kicks the tar out of XM and will keep your music rotation fresh.

I keep checking ebay, but if they do have one then it's grossly overpriced ($400! Come on now). Actually, I haven't looked in a couple weeks. I'm counting on the charity of my fellow standardshifters.

I guess I'll just have to keep using my portable receiver, which is fine, but I would like to use the SAT button on the dash :)
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

What's wrong with XM Radio? I hear rave reviews about it all the time. Then again, I'm not the type to listen to satellite radio (yes, I still burn CDs). I don't even own an iPod! I don't plan to, either, unless someone can convince me that they're worth it.
initialeclipseshift
Senior Standardshifter

Post by initialeclipseshift »

i have SIRIUS on my TV kicks a$$!!! :mrgreen: sorry don even have a car...I too would suggest ebay...or even google it and see if u can find a site that sells what u need :o
Take it from 4th to 2nd and take the corner no problem ^_^
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

I don't see the reason why I'd subscribe to satellite radio when an MP3 player (or a burned CD) will play the songs I like, when I want them to play. Maybe an iPod IS worth it after all... how much do video iPods cost? Should I really buy one?
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

screenname wrote:Maybe an iPod IS worth it after all... how much do video iPods cost? Should I really buy one?
30GB = $299
60GB = $399

And no, you shouldn't buy one. You can get a much better deal with other, less popular brands. Look into Creative Zen or Archos.
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
papyrus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by papyrus »

Oh man. I was so excited when I saw this thread revived...I thought someone wanted to help me out with a tuner! :lol:
screenname wrote:What's wrong with XM Radio?
You probably hear more about them because they got their name out first and gained a bunch of popularity. I've got XM through my satellite TV service and I can honestly say that the music rotation is much better on Sirius. (Except for the 'hits' channels...those are the same everywhere - XM, Sirius, terrestrial radio.) XM is in huge financial trouble right now too. They've started playing commercials during music to help offset the loss of everyone switching to Sirius.
screenname wrote:I don't see the reason why I'd subscribe to satellite radio when an MP3 player (or a burned CD) will play the songs I like, when I want them to play. Maybe an iPod IS worth it after all... how much do video iPods cost? Should I really buy one?
The problem that I find with only listening to my iPod is that it doesn't keep my music rotation fresh. I like to listen to satellite to hear about new stuff or really different stuff to add to my collection. Plus, satellite is PERFECT for roadtrips!

I think an mp3 player is totally worth it so yes, you should buy one. The one thing Apple has going for them is they have that sh*t down pat with the click wheel. I've looked at other mp3 players and I wasn't happy with anything but the iPod, but that's just my taste.