Computer chip

Car parts you want to buy
magnus_1986
Master Standardshifter

Computer chip

Post by magnus_1986 »

Wanted: Computer chip compatible with engine: 3s-ge Gen2, in a :Toyota Celica 2.0 1993 liftback.

Please contact only on forum.
Do not try to find 3rd, for you may not always reach it. Just go up and let it reach you!
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

HA, your not going to find that on here. Better check out AWE tunning or a toyota forum. Are you looking for performance or OEM?
magnus_1986
Master Standardshifter

Post by magnus_1986 »

Anything darn thing which makes my car run :cry: OEM, performance or black market, I really dont care.
Do not try to find 3rd, for you may not always reach it. Just go up and let it reach you!
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

check and see if AWE tunning will burn you an OEM copy. should be like $20 from AWE for a burnt OEM chip, or like $200 at the dealer. You can get a performance one from AWE for around $80-$110 and it is no joke. Your looking at +5-9 HP and about 5-10 lb/tq. Your going to have to use premium unleaded tho :x
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

Yea, I agree with Jack. If you want to find something specific to your car, your best bet is to look at forums specifically for your car.
initialeclipseshift
Senior Standardshifter

Post by initialeclipseshift »

JackBauer wrote:HA, your not going to find that on here. Better check out AWE tunning or a toyota forum. Are you looking for performance or OEM?
What's the difference between the two?
Take it from 4th to 2nd and take the corner no problem ^_^
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

you mean between OEM and performance?
initialeclipseshift
Senior Standardshifter

Post by initialeclipseshift »

yup
Take it from 4th to 2nd and take the corner no problem ^_^
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

Performance parts are self-explanatory. They're supposed to make your car perform better. OEM parts are the parts that the manufacturer fits into/onto the car as it's rolling through the assembly line.

magnus, you can always try looking in scrap yards. I don't know how many there are in your area, but you should be able to get your part real cheap if you manage to find what you're looking for in the junkyard.
magnus_1986
Master Standardshifter

Post by magnus_1986 »

Thanks for all the help people. But I think this car is through with its life and I dont want to give it life again and drive around in a zombie. I am ditching it in a scrapyard and am getting me a nice big KIA or Hyundai SUV. Stickshift probably.

:( I loved my Celica :cry:
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Way to support the middle eastern man :lol: j/k
Nissan makes excellent trucks/suvs but there not always cheap and most of them are available or are only available in a 5 spd manual
magnus_1986
Master Standardshifter

Post by magnus_1986 »

woohoo! My Celica's fixed. Got me some ignition coils from a Lexus (yes they share parts, the model number is exactly the same). No bulky slow SUV for me! I am gonna zoom. I hope I dont jinx it :shock:
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Is your ECU OK? A damaged coil pack can damage the ECU, good thing you finally replaced it. You get any more HP?
BTW, i never knew 4 cyl clicas had the coil pack, i thought they just had a coil. Glad to have another 5spd back on the road 8)
magnus_1986
Master Standardshifter

Post by magnus_1986 »

I think its just one coil, no distributor and all that, 'Coils' just sounds better so I wrote it as such. I will drive around tonight to see whether ECU is OK
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Great, do that. You know the funny thing is my ignition coil went out today, and i think its been out for a while. I touched it and it shocked the hell out of me, so i better grab one too.