Computer chip

Car parts you want to buy
magnus_1986
Master Standardshifter

Post by magnus_1986 »

Ok, it drives fine now, like before. But the accelerator has become sticky and it makes 20x the noise now. What could be wrong? About the accelerator, it has become harder to press but once it goes down, boy it goes down a lot! I dont get it. It feels like someone has cursed my car :cry: :shock: :evil:
Do not try to find 3rd, for you may not always reach it. Just go up and let it reach you!
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

accelerator problems are easy to diagnose; especially on older cars like yours. What I think happend is that your mechanic may of removed the wire, and when he put it in, he tightend it too much. To much: you get what you described. To little: you get acclerator pedal slack. Or maybe it just got old and needs replacing, when the little spring before it goes out (if your car has a spring) It does what you describe. Just take it to a technician, simple problem, he may fix it for free.
magnus_1986
Master Standardshifter

Post by magnus_1986 »

Thanks Jack, you know in Urdu (my native language, I'm a Pakistani) we call real close friends by the slang 'yaar'.

I can honestly say, Thanks, yaar.
Do not try to find 3rd, for you may not always reach it. Just go up and let it reach you!
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

No problemo, did you get it fixed yet yaar? it sounds like its too tight.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

yaar sounds sweet, I'm gonna call all of my good friends yaar and see what they do.
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

I know this thread is kind of dead, but a buddy of mine was talking about adding 20hp to his car by adding a chip to it. What does the chip do?
2001 Civic Ex Rallye Red
VTEC BABAY
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Don't you dare get a chip that promises you 20 HP. Don't you do it. it's basically a resistor- you can get from radio shack for 4 bucks, incorprated into the chip- so the car runs leaner. you may get 1 horse- not 20. say good bye to the cat, the air meter, 02 sensors, etc. you severly alter the cars reliability by one of these. get a real chip. a quality one.
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

He says he's looking to spend like 60 bucks. He also says since he has a turbo it gives him more hp.
2001 Civic Ex Rallye Red
VTEC BABAY
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Nope. Still a rip off. the 60 dollar ones are bad. i think i know what chip he's talking about- and he's headed in the right direction. He needs to be spending atleast 260 dollars for that chip. and he probably will get the 20 or so HP promised- not from the damn 60 dollar chip though. spend some money or forget it.
beekay
Senior Standardshifter

Post by beekay »

:D like the APR chip for the Audi/VW 2.0T's. Around 700 bucks for ridiculous gains and different modes like valet, race, 93 octane, stock, etc...
2006 GTI 6MT