Rims

Car parts you want to buy
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Rims

Post by TomCivic »

I'm currently in the market for new rims and I want to stay around the same size of the stock rims I have now (15x6.5in.) because the tires on it are fairly new. I was wondering if I could get away with 16x7 rims with the tires on the stock rims.
2001 Civic Ex Rallye Red
VTEC BABAY
beekay
Senior Standardshifter

Post by beekay »

Paul would be correct, and your best bet would be getting the right tires for the rim size ;)
2006 GTI 6MT
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

Oops, I thought this was Parts and Problems, got caught up in all the posts I guess. :-X
2001 Civic Ex Rallye Red
VTEC BABAY
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

i would suggest getting properly fitted tires for the new rims.
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

15" tires would not fit 16" rims.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
sparkplug188
Senior Standardshifter

Post by sparkplug188 »

Last edited by sparkplug188 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

either sell your tire/wheel set you have right now, and use that to buy some new wheels and tires, or wait until your tires are shot, and get a new set, or have 2 sets.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

eaglecatcher wrote:either sell your tire/wheel set you have right now, and use that to buy some new wheels and tires, or wait until your tires are shot, and get a new set, or have 2 sets.
+1
Right now, I'm sporting 16x7 (see avatar) and Im using my stock OEM alloys as winter rims :lol:
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

what I'll probably do, if I get a civic, or something else with steel rims, Ill keep those, just put em up in the attic, or in the shed or garage, and keep them incase I get a flat or something, and get a set of nicer ones, with good tires, that way I won't be screwed if I run over a nail. BTW, does anyone here have runflats?
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

Hmm, having two sets sounds like a good but expensive idea for the time being. I'll prob just wait until next spring.
2001 Civic Ex Rallye Red
VTEC BABAY
Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

TomCivic wrote:Hmm, having two sets sounds like a good but expensive idea for the time being. I'll prob just wait until next spring.
Actually, on a financial standing, having 2 sets is more efficient if you get winters with snow becuase you dont have to go to shops to help you constantly mount and unmount tires for you.
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

Hmm, hey sypher, how much did you rims cost, I'm not trying to be personal but I'm just curious. Also, what did your parents think? :-X
2001 Civic Ex Rallye Red
VTEC BABAY
Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

My rims and tires, and bolts, mounting, balance.. etc, costed me $1300 Canadian. It was actually a great deal :D . And the rims are cheap knockoffs either... 100% Enkei wrapped in Falken Azenis ZE512. My parents didnt care since it would have been only a few hundreds cheaper to get a seperate set of steelies for teh winter. I would have had to unmount the winters from my OEM rim (it came stock with winter rubber), buy steelies, mount and balance them on the steelies, and in the summer, buy and mount and balance summers on the OEM...