You scored: 95
How you compare

The average score for MSN Money readers is 81
The average score for your state is 79
The average score for men is 83
The average score for women is 78

3.You may cross a double solid yellow line:
Your answer: Under no conditions.
Correct answer: To turn into a business or driveway.

ffffffuuuuuuu..........shoulda read that more carefully.
FREE ROMAN!
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Re: Driving Skills Quiz

Post by permabanned »

70. i guess i cant drive :lol:

7. A vehicle is passing you on the left. You should:
Your answer: Keep driving at the same speed and do not slow down.
Correct answer: Slow down slightly and keep to the right. After the vehicle passes and is ahead of you, resume your normal speed.

Code: Select all

bullshit, should be stay the same speed that way your predictable to the guy trying to pass you. for all i know he could be risking his life passing me at the last second before he gets in a 100+mph head on collision, last thing im gonna do is play peekabo0 in his mirror

10. If a police officer believes that you are driving under the influence:
Your answer: You can refuse to be tested for the presence of alcohol or drugs.
Correct answer: You can refuse to be tested but will face stiff penalties for doing so.

its been a while since driver ed. all i know is that if the glovebox is locked, they cant search it, thats all thats important
12. What should you see in your rear view mirror before attempting to return to the right lane after passing a vehicle on the left?
Your answer: The driver of the car that you are passing.
Correct answer: The bumper of the car that you are passing.

my mirors are set in a way taht if i see his bumper in the middle mirror, hes a buslength behind me, bullshit question

13. A warning sign is usually what color and shape?
Your answer: Red circle with white lettering or symbols.
Correct answer: Yellow diamond shape with black lettering or symbols.

ok i didnt know this one

16. You may legally block an intersection:
Your answer: If you have entered the intersection on a green light.
Correct answer: Under no circumstances.

f**k. if i enter under green light and it turns red on me, other cars by law have to let me get out of the intersection. 
20. If you approach an intersection at the same time as another vehicle, who has the right of way?
Your answer: The first one who enters the intersection.
Correct answer: The driver on the right.

what if its an 4 way stop and the other car is going opposite way as you, not across. then what. tahts right bitch, i f**k your question over. first come first serve around these parts
so as far as im concerned, i only got 1 question genuinely wrong, so adjusted for bullshit, my score is 95%. im a good driver
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

#10 you dont think there would be any penalties for refusing to take the test on site? lol cmon guy.
#16 your not "blocking" it because you would eventually accelerate to complete your turn. they are referring to being stationary with no intention of moving in the middle of the intersection.
FREE ROMAN!
blauenlanze
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2017 BMW M240i 6MT

Post by blauenlanze »

12. What should you see in your rear view mirror before attempting to return to the right lane after passing a vehicle on the left?
Your answer: The driver of the car that you are passing.
Correct answer: The bumper of the car that you are passing.
I think they mean the front bumper, and they mean the inside rearview mirror, not the passenger side.
16. You may legally block an intersection:
Your answer: If you have entered the intersection on a green light.
Correct answer: Under no circumstances.
You're not supposed to block anything, even if you were waiting to turn left, once it is safe you will get out.
so as far as im concerned, i only got 1 question genuinely wrong, so adjusted for bullshit, my score is 95%. im a good driver
♥ your logic. :lol:
2007 BMW M240i 6MT
2006 Honda S2000 6MT (old)
2001 Honda Prelude SH 5MT (old)
2000 Toyota Camry V6 (old) auto
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

ok so 85. still good :lol:

as far as refusing breathalyzer, i could refuse to do anything til my lawyer gets there. by next morning when the lawyer gets there, id be sober. sleeping in the car on the side of the street is better than a DUI
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
Caramel
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: [1999 Volvo S70]

Post by Caramel »

The questions are retardedly phrased, also this is american and I live in canada... but PS does as well right =( no excuse?

subzero - I got that wrong too lol.

permabanned - technically you're not legally blocking it if you're getting out of the way. I think it basically means.. actually intentionally blocking traffic in an intersection. and the 4 way stop is pretty weird as well : (
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

oh and #20 the key phrase in the question is "at the same time" so taking that into account, "the first one who enters the intersection" is automatically wrong. so out of the remaining three....from the manual its been stated that the dude on the right has the right of way so you just had to remember that one.
Last edited by subzero on Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
FREE ROMAN!
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

i guess if i sat down and actually thought the questions out and came up with scenarios in my head, id get 100 on it, but this was a quick skim over the question, answer and keep going.

for the mirrors question, thats what i meant, if i see his bumper (thus the whole car) in my middle mirror, hes a buslength behind me. i got that 360* mirror setup going, he exits my middle mirror as hes entering my side mirror, then as hes exiting my side mirror hes entering my peripheral vision. it works amazing, along with AC delete, this is probably my favorite mod
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
Caramel
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Caramel »

#20, if you're across from the person... then wouldn't RIGHT be exactly the same for either side. but I guess the person across would either go forward, or turn right. then it wouldn't matter, but if they turn left you'd automatically have the right of way.

so the only situation is if you're both turning left, and across from each other.
scionkid
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 04 xB

Post by scionkid »

for the mirrors question, thats what i meant, if i see his bumper (thus the whole car) in my middle mirror, hes a buslength behind me.
That's the whole idea. Seeing a bumper in the middle mirror ensure sufficient distance between vehicles.

When I'm driving a bus, I need at least 4 seconds of following distance. If you get in front of me as soon as your bumper clears mine physically, you take away my stopping distance. And if you have to stopimmediately because someone drops a refrigerator in front of you, and I'll just have to run you over.

In the case of a semi, they need about 7 seconds of cushion.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Dude, you answered it based on the way that people actually drive, rather than based on what's the law. Of course you can expect a low score!

It was obviously a review to see what you remember from Drivers Ed. That was nearly half my life ago, but I know how to answer it...
permabanned wrote:70. i guess i cant drive :lol:

7. A vehicle is passing you on the left. You should:
Your answer: Keep driving at the same speed and do not slow down.
Correct answer: Slow down slightly and keep to the right. After the vehicle passes and is ahead of you, resume your normal speed.
bullshit, should be stay the same speed that way your predictable to
It is expected that slowing down is the predictable action, since it's what's taught in Drivers Ed (and it may be the law).
10. Your answer: You can refuse to be tested for the presence of alcohol or drugs.
Correct answer: You can refuse to be tested but will face stiff penalties for doing so.
Your answer was correct. There were two correct answers. That's a badly designed test right there, or one specifically made to trick you by offering two correct answers where one is a subset of the other.

my mirors are set in a way taht if i see his bumper in the middle mirror, hes a buslength behind me, bullshit question
That's entirely the point. The road isn't supposed to be packed like a can of sardines, there's supposed to be room.

f**k. if i enter under green light and it turns red on me, other cars by law have to let me get out of the intersection. 
As someone else posted, if you get out then you're not blocking it.
permabanned wrote:as far as refusing breathalyzer, i could refuse to do anything til my lawyer gets there. by next morning when the lawyer gets there, id be sober. sleeping in the car on the side of the street is better than a DUI
Good luck making that one work legally or IRL. Sleeping in your car on the side of the street is illegal, people get arrested for it all the time. Failing to obey a police officer is illegal. Even with all that, you've still refused the breathalyzer, so you still face the penalties for that.

Saying that you can refuse a breathylizer is bullschitt. If there's penalties for it, then it's illegal. Saying that you can is like saying that you can drive drunk, speed, run red lights, camp out on the side of the road, or shoot the cop. Sure, you can, but it's still not legal.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

permabanned wrote:ok so 85. still good :lol:

as far as refusing breathalyzer, i could refuse to do anything til my lawyer gets there. by next morning when the lawyer gets there, id be sober. sleeping in the car on the side of the street is better than a DUI
There are variables. First, it's a six month automatic license suspension if you refuse to take the breathalizer on site. No questions.

Believe it or not, you can still get a DUI while sleeping in your car. Best way is to be in the back seat with your keys in the glove box. Still, this does not guarantee you to be in the clear. Most cops are understanding, however but they can take you in. The law states in lamens terms that you cannot be in the car intoxicated if you are the sole driver/occupant of vehicle. I mean, if you think about it, if you are drunk and sleeping on the side of the road in your car, chances are you were under the influence when you got to the side of the road in the first place.

I was explained all this many years ago when I was camping in WI and for reasons not worth mentioning I was sleeping in my car when cops were called on us. Cop knocked on the window and saw me sleep in the driver seat with the keys on the seat next to me.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
blauenlanze
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2017 BMW M240i 6MT

Post by blauenlanze »

Sleeping sober in a car won't get you arrested... right? :oops:
2007 BMW M240i 6MT
2006 Honda S2000 6MT (old)
2001 Honda Prelude SH 5MT (old)
2000 Toyota Camry V6 (old) auto
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

blauenlanze wrote:Sleeping sober in a car won't get you arrested... right? :oops:
It totally depends on where you do it, but in most places it's considered illegal camping. I suspect it's mainly to discourage homelessness.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Caramel
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Caramel »

well most cases you can get out of those kind of things by saying "sorry officer, I didn't know, or oh so sorry I must have drifted off." crap like that, just be nice and agree to get outta there and cops shouldn't fuss.