Pontiac is Dead

All the news that's fit to shift.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Re: Pontiac is Dead

Post by noob5,000,000 »

I want to get a B-series and swap a rotary into it to create a modern-day REPU.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Rotary_Pickup
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
DKaz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mazda3, Matrix, R3

Post by DKaz »

watkins wrote:
DKaz wrote:I don't quite see how the B-Series trucks ... fit the Zoom Zoom thing lol.
Youve clearly never driven one. No, its no sports car, but my friend's 15 year old B3000 does go pretty well.
I have before, I borrowed a friends late 80s model B2300 to move. It's a very good truck I agree other than the fact that the truck would not pass emissions. But it still doesn't go zoom zoom, it's just a really good workhorse that lasts forever.. :) Great on gas too. It took me about four trips back and forth to move everything but it got the job done in less than a quarter of a tank anyway.
09 Mazda 5 GS 6MT - His
12 Mazda 3 GS-L Skyactiv 6MT - Hers

ImageImage
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

DKaz wrote:
watkins wrote:
DKaz wrote:I don't quite see how the B-Series trucks ... fit the Zoom Zoom thing lol.
Youve clearly never driven one. No, its no sports car, but my friend's 15 year old B3000 does go pretty well.
I have before, I borrowed a friends late 80s model B2300 to move. It's a very good truck I agree other than the fact that the truck would not pass emissions. But it still doesn't go zoom zoom, it's just a really good workhorse that lasts forever.. :) Great on gas too. It took me about four trips back and forth to move everything but it got the job done in less than a quarter of a tank anyway.
2300 may not move, but a B3000 will zoom zoom more than youd expect for a pickup
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

mazda is doing it right by taking their knowledge and technical developments of their halo cars and their supercar (fd) and putting bits and pieces of that into their everyday cars. same thing european ford does with the focus and the fiesta and all those EU fords that sell like they are free and top gear loves them. they make a small cheap economy car feel like way more than that, whereas GM and especialy chrysler makes them feel like small cheap economy car. who wants to sit in a tupperware box and drive a gutless feeling car that feels like your playing NFSU with the steering wheel instead of driving a car when you could drive a car thats comfortable, has great looking interior, and has the right balance of sporty feeling and comfortable. ultimately with economy cars it doesnt matter how fast it is, or its slalom time or skidpad Gs, thats irrelevant. its all about making a car feel like much more of a car than it really is, and mazda is brilliant at that. they advertise their stuff with 'always the soul of a sports car' and they are not lying at all

and thats why you see mazda3s and 6s everywhere and ford is pwning GM and chrysler by popping new body panels on mazdas and reselling them. they got the right idea with the probe back in the day :lol:
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

watkins wrote:
DKaz wrote:
watkins wrote: Youve clearly never driven one. No, its no sports car, but my friend's 15 year old B3000 does go pretty well.
2300 may not move, but a B3000 will woo woo more than youd expect for a pickup
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

rangers are FTW. excellent little trucks. i wanted one for a longass time, and still want a 93+ ranger
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
charbs152
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Mazda3 i Touring 6MT

Post by charbs152 »

yea... my father just bought a pontiac vibe with a 5 speed