Pontiac is Dead

All the news that's fit to shift.
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Re: Pontiac is Dead

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

IMO, Mazda's "Zoom Zoom" tagline isn't just for nothing. They actually make, kick-ass, baller sports cars for daily use.
scionkid
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 04 xB

Post by scionkid »

DKaz wrote:Well Pontiac isn't the only one not giving the manual transmission the love it needs...
That's fine, just don't use taglines like "the excitement division"
DKaz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mazda3, Matrix, R3

Post by DKaz »

scionkid wrote:That's fine, just don't use taglines like "the excitement division"
I think Dodge called the Avenger the anti-villain against boring cars. With an automatic transmission are you kidding me?

The sad thing is that Dodge (and Jeep) drivers tend to think they're all that, no offense to anyone on this forum (I said tend to be, not all!). They're pretty much the biggest @$$es in the road. Oh look all I have to do is stomp on my gas and look, I pass you!!!
Last edited by DKaz on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
09 Mazda 5 GS 6MT - His
12 Mazda 3 GS-L Skyactiv 6MT - Hers

ImageImage
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter

DKaz wrote:
scionkid wrote:That's fine, just don't use taglines like "the excitement division"
I think Dodge called the Avenger the anti-villain against boring cars. With an automatic transmission are you kidding me?

The sad thing is that Dodge (and Jeep) drivers tend to think they're all that, no offense to anyone on this forum (I said tend to be, not all!). They're pretty much the biggest @$$es in the road. Oh look all I have to do is stomp on my gas and look, I pass you!!!
I was reading through a Road and Track a few days ago and an ad for the Avenger was just the Avenger hooked up to a videogame controller...that's the LAST thing I want in a car...I want to be able to FEEL the drive, not press buttons.
DKaz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mazda3, Matrix, R3

Post by DKaz »

94Corolla5Speed wrote:IMO, Mazda's "Zoom Zoom" tagline isn't just for nothing. They actually make, kick-ass, baller sports cars for daily use.
I don't quite see how the B-Series trucks and Tribute fit the Zoom Zoom thing lol. I absolutely love my 5 so far otherwise.
09 Mazda 5 GS 6MT - His
12 Mazda 3 GS-L Skyactiv 6MT - Hers

ImageImage
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter

DKaz wrote:
94Corolla5Speed wrote:IMO, Mazda's "Zoom Zoom" tagline isn't just for nothing. They actually make, kick-ass, baller sports cars for daily use.
I don't quite see how the B-Series trucks and Tribute fit the Zoom Zoom thing lol. I absolutely love my 5 so far otherwise.
If you think about it, since the early 80's, they have made some sweeeeeet cars:

RX-7
323 GTX
MX-6
Miata
Eunos Cosmo
Mazdaspeed Miata
RX-8
Mazdaspeed6
Mazdaspeed3
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

DKaz wrote:The sad thing is that Dodge (and Jeep) drivers tend to think they're all that, no offense to anyone on this forum (I said tend to be, not all!). They're pretty much the biggest @$$es in the road. Oh look all I have to do is stomp on my gas and look, I pass you!!!
haha, i've seen this. usually it's Dodge Rams. the other day a guy in a Ram was tailgating everyone and jumping lanes and at one point passed in the right turn lane and shoulder. :roll: although one day there was a Ram behind me and several cars in front of me went in the left turn lane, opening up the road in front of me. so i jumped on it in 3rd, and later when we caught up to more traffic, the Ram pulled up beside me and the guy yelled "that little t hing is f***ing fast!". :lol: i said "yeah it's got a little something under there." so like you said, "not all". :lol:

one time a guy in a Viper in front of me almost caused an accident trying to floor it. change lanes, and pass at the same time the car in front changed lanes. he ended up on the shoulder. i knew something like that was going to happen b/c of the amount of traffic and hearing him downshift, and i just kept on cruising when he jumped on it. :lol:
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

DKaz wrote:I don't quite see how the B-Series trucks ... fit the Zoom Zoom thing lol.
Youve clearly never driven one. No, its no sports car, but my friend's 15 year old B3000 does go pretty well.
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter

watkins wrote:
DKaz wrote:I don't quite see how the B-Series trucks ... fit the Zoom Zoom thing lol.
Youve clearly never driven one. No, its no sports car, but my friend's 15 year old B3000 does go pretty well.
That's because it's a Ford Ranger. And Ford Rangers are the SHIT. My dad had a '95 longbed reg-cab 4L V6 RWD with big tires. I loved that truck sooooooo much, if it wouldn't have been totalled I would 100% give my Corolla up for it, that thing was honestly one of my favorite cars we've ever had.

/emotional truck rant. If tony sees this he's gonna get all sentimental about the X.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

watkins wrote:Youve clearly never driven one. No, its no sports car, but my friend's 15 year old B3000 does go pretty well.
That's a badge-engineered Ford Ranger (according to wikipedia, 1994 was when that started).

I know some of those V6 Rangers were supposed to be decently quick for their time, but the 1997 4.0 V6 extended cab 4x4 Ranger I drove for a while was a dog. Perhaps a 2wd regular cab without HD and off-road packages is faster.

Oh. 94Corolla5Speed posted the same thing, except for a different opinion, while I was typing this.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Badge engineered though it may be, the Ranger/B series is one of my favorite trucks of all time.
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter

watkins wrote:Badge engineered though it may be, the Ranger/B series is one of my favorite trucks of all time.
+1
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

94Corolla5Speed wrote:
DKaz wrote:
If you think about it, since the early 80's, they have made some sweeeeeet cars:

RX-7
323 GTX
MX-6
Miata
Eunos Cosmo
Mazdaspeed Miata
RX-8
Mazdaspeed6
Mazdaspeed3
Did you forget the MX-3 or is it really a shitty car?
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter

Leedeth wrote: Did you forget the MX-3 or is it really a shitty car?
Forgot :oops:
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Lol, but, it's understandable. It's just a FWD with a V6 that isn't even as big as the Probe or MX-6 engine. 1.8L...that's way too small.