2010 Mazdaspeed3

All the news that's fit to shift.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Re: 2010 Mazdaspeed3

Post by watkins »

Mostly, I like it. The smile is slightly more ridiculous looking than on the base 3 though.

And there definitely is something I love about 2.3L turbo 4s
Evicatos
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Mazdaspeed 3

Post by Evicatos »

scionkid wrote:On an unrelated note, I wonder where's the Mazdaspeed5.
That is a good question. A Mazdaspeed Minivan would be insanely bad-ass.
Hello world.
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Evicatos wrote:
scionkid wrote:On an unrelated note, I wonder where's the Mazdaspeed5.
That is a good question. A Mazdaspeed Minivan would be insanely bad-ass.
It's here: C&D Mazdaspeed5. Complete with six-speed manual.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
fa22raptorf22
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 SSM Acura RSX

Post by fa22raptorf22 »

That smile reminds me of what acura did with all their 09 series.

That shiny v grill on the front looks like utter trash.

SMILE LOL
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

scionkid wrote:I think it'll circle your 94 Geo like a moon, and that you're shallow for not liking it based on its looks. And I think that it should be a 4 wheel drive like the speed6.

On an unrelated note, I wonder where's the Mazdaspeed5.
I said I would never buy one, not that I would never take it if one were given to me. That's quite a big difference. I think you're shallow for not wanting to buy a pink Corvette :wink: . I think it goes without saying that it will out-perform my Prizm. :P Plus, all I commented on was the way it looks. I agree the performance is great.

I mostly judge cars on performance, but when you can get a similarly-performing car for a similar price that looks better, why not? If that speed3 were by far the most amazing performance car ever for its price range maybe I'd consider it (that's not to say it's not a great performer, although it would be nice if it did have AWD like you said).
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

black ms3 is sex.

/thread
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Post by ElectroGhandi »

The Mazda3 has always been an ugly car, in my opinion. The Mazda6, Miata, and RX-8 are all so hot, but the Mazda3 and Mazda5 are ugly beyond reason.
scionkid
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 04 xB

Post by scionkid »

Warner wrote: I think you're shallow for not wanting to buy a pink Corvette :wink:
Pink speed3s are so hot 8)

I just thought that you said it was ugly because it looks like a minivan. What's wrong with looking like something that most people don't want? Saying that it's ugly just because of what other people said is shallow in my opinion.

I'm not an art major. If you can justify why it's an aesthetic fail without appealing to popular opinion, that would show some more depth to your thinking.

Not here to argue, but this is what I think.
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

scionkid wrote:
Warner wrote: I think you're shallow for not wanting to buy a pink Corvette :wink:
Pink speed3s are so hot 8)

I just thought that you said it was ugly because it looks like a minivan. What's wrong with looking like something that most people don't want? Saying that it's ugly just because of what other people said is shallow in my opinion.

I'm not an art major. If you can justify why it's an aesthetic fail without appealing to popular opinion, that would show some more depth to your thinking.

Not here to argue, but this is what I think.
There is clearly no way for me to objectively prove that it's aesthetically unpleasant. If there were a way they wouldn't have made it look like that. I suppose if I wanted to I could study the lines and curvature of the car, think real hard and explain to you precisely why I find it ugly, but frankly I did enough of that in my art class a couple years ago to make me have no interest in ever doing it again. If you think that's shallow, so be it. I reserve my deeper thinking for subjects that interest me.

Anyway, when did I say it's ugly because of what other people said? I'm the one who said it looks like a minivan. I figured comparing it to something similar that we already know a lot about is an easy way to explain how I feel without having to verbalize what has already been said.

What's wrong with looking like something most people don't want? The fact that most people don't want it. I guess if their target audience was some distinct group of people who pine over sports cars that look like minivans then they did their job well, but I doubt that's the case.

Anyway, like I said, this is merely my opinion based off of a handful of pictures. I never suggested other opinions are wrong.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

No dealer option to not have that Lightning McQueen smile yet? Sorry no thanks. I'll take the older MS3s.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
padauk_dust
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '88 Accord, '96 VFR

Post by padauk_dust »

Warner wrote:"turbocharged, direct-injected, 2.3-liter four-cylinder [...] produces 263 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque" --

What is all this nonsense about appearance? :wink:
Look at the numbers. I bet it's fairly light too. This thing is sweet.
'88 Accord DX
'96 VFR750
Evicatos
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Mazdaspeed 3

Post by Evicatos »

I've actually revised my opinion on this car's looks a little after seeing one in the flesh. Yesterday I saw a bright red one being driven by a smoking hot blond, and I have to say that this car looks much better in person than it does in pictures. It looks very sharp and aggressive. I guess it just doesn't photograph well. I still don't like that they've killed the "sleeperishness" of it, but it honestly doesn't look bad at all in person.
Hello world.
DKaz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mazda3, Matrix, R3

Post by DKaz »

padauk_dust wrote:What is all this nonsense about appearance? :wink:
Look at the numbers. I bet it's fairly light too. This thing is sweet.
3100lbs+, gained 60lbs from last gen.

I'm falling in love more and more with this car though.
09 Mazda 5 GS 6MT - His
12 Mazda 3 GS-L Skyactiv 6MT - Hers

ImageImage