New Musclestang Motor & Golf MkVI

All the news that's fit to shift.
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Re: New Musclestang Motor & Golf MkVI

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

I see. We're both right then I guess. How about a beer and some fine dining to quell the differences.

theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

RITmusic2k wrote:all the stuff I said above was more in the spirit of what each company did when they released the car.
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/history.html
Engine choices started with the utterly lame 170-cubic-inch (2.8-liter) OHV straight six that made just 101 horsepower; then proceeded through a 200-cubic-inch (3.3-liter) OHV straight six rated at a flaccid 116 horsepower; a 260-cubic-inch (4.3-liter) OHV V8 breathing through a two-barrel carburetor and making 164 horsepower; a 210-horsepower two-barrel-equipped 289-cubic-inch (4.7-liter) V8; a four-barrel 289 making 220 horsepower; and, at the top, the famous "K-code" high-compression, solid-lifter, four-barrel 289 pumping out a lusty 271 horsepower.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Cosmin, you might need to get me 3 of those beers and 4-5 of those plates of food so I can feel content. There ain't shit to eat there, mang.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

AHTOXA wrote:Cosmin, you might need to get me 3 of those beers and 4-5 of those plates of food so I can feel content. There ain't shit to eat there, mang.
I feel the same way :lol: Yes it's a small portion, but the food looks damn good.
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

theholycow wrote:
RITmusic2k wrote:all the stuff I said above was more in the spirit of what each company did when they released the car.
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/history.html
Engine choices started with the utterly lame 170-cubic-inch (2.8-liter) OHV straight six that made just 101 horsepower; then proceeded through a 200-cubic-inch (3.3-liter) OHV straight six rated at a flaccid 116 horsepower; a 260-cubic-inch (4.3-liter) OHV V8 breathing through a two-barrel carburetor and making 164 horsepower; a 210-horsepower two-barrel-equipped 289-cubic-inch (4.7-liter) V8; a four-barrel 289 making 220 horsepower; and, at the top, the famous "K-code" high-compression, solid-lifter, four-barrel 289 pumping out a lusty 271 horsepower.
Not sure what you're trying to tell me here; I never said anything about the Mustang; I was threadjacking and talking about the SHO and the Viggen in response to 94Corolla5Speed.

EDIT: And thanks for the fine food and drink, 94Corolla5Speed! It was delish. Cheers!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

RITmusic2k wrote:Not sure what you're trying to tell me here
:lol: Me neither.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

Oh, well in that case, good point! I stand corrected!
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mustang GT

Post by eggwich delfiero »

watkins wrote: As much as I dislike the vast majority of Mustangs, thats the one thing I really have to respect them for. There is so much power potential and so many ways to bring it out. A Mustang engine and its aftermarket is much like a big bucket of LEGO bricks. You can make whatever you want.

Of course to a lesser extent the same is true for a Saab engine. Its relatively easy to bring power figures to around 300/300 with the surprisingly large aftermarket. The problem is that going much above that point requires major engine work. 500+ hp Saabs of a similar vintage as mine arent entirely unheard of though.

Here is Nick Taliaferro's (top Saab aftermarket part designer/fabricator in the US) drag car. I believe his E85 street Viggen has more power (around 425-450 these days)
And that's something I often forget/overlook: just cuz it's easy to make megapower with a Mustang or small block Chevy, that doesn't mean it can't be done with other engines/cars as well. It's always nice to see something different putting down ridiculous power, gotta say.

Now that this thread is all about Taurus SHOs, how about that new Golf MVI? :lol: