Possible prelude successor?

All the news that's fit to shift.
RomPirate
Senior Standardshifter

Possible prelude successor?

Post by RomPirate »

Sorta?

http://wot.motortrend.com/6639707/futur ... index.html

I doubt it would be called the prelude, but the car should be close enough to be considered it.
97 Prelude 5spd swap FTW! (Sold! :( )
07 Mazda MX-5 Sport (DEAD)
07 VW Rabbit
04 Mazdaspeed Miata (Sold!)
05 RX8 (Sold!)
95 Wrangler
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Re: Possible prelude successor?

Post by FDSpirit »

I'd like to see another Prelude...ish Honda. But I'm personally sick of this hybrid crap. Just gimmie a normal car. But we aren't the majority, and I know why they're going this route.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

what replaced the prelude, the rsx, the accord v6 coupe or nothing?? if the rsx replaced it (i know it really was supposed to replace the integra in our market region), does that mean the current civic si is the new prelude?? :? :o :lol:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

:lol: :lol: . I hope the Si isn't the Prelude replacement. And to be honest, I don't know what replaced the 'Lude. The RSX was basically the Integra. I think the TSX was just a more luxurious Civic with a higher price tag(don't know the numbers so I'm just gonna guess since its an Acura).
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Essentially, the RSX replaced the Prelude (along with the Integra, but keep in mind that in other markets they kept the Integra name), whether it can be considered a worthy replacement or not. The TSX is too big to be a luxury Civic, even though it is listed in the same size category as the RSX on wikipedia. It has a 2.4 litre engine which you'd never find in a Civic sized body (Nissan could do it with the Sentra but not Honda; I think Honda's better overall nonetheless despite Nissan's more commendable focus on performance). In other markets the TSX was the Accord. In canada at least, they had the EL which was a luxury Civic. I always laughed when I saw them.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.