Cadillac CTS 3.6 Loses Manual Transmission For 2012

All the news that's fit to shift.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Re: Cadillac CTS 3.6 Loses Manual Transmission For 2012

Post by Shadow »

scientist wrote:I bought my Mini Cooper about a month ago, and it was about $1200 for an automatic (no charge for manual). I have no clue what the percentage of standard Minis is, but I feel like it's somewhat higher than other makes, but that's based on nothing at all.
My guess is that you're correct in saying that the Mini has a higher percentage of manual transmissions than most other makes. Still though, I'd bet that the ratio of automatics to manuals is quite a bit more than 2:1, at least for the vehicles sold in the U.S.
scientist
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2011 Mini Cooper

Post by scientist »

Shadow wrote:
scientist wrote:I bought my Mini Cooper about a month ago, and it was about $1200 for an automatic (no charge for manual). I have no clue what the percentage of standard Minis is, but I feel like it's somewhat higher than other makes, but that's based on nothing at all.
My guess is that you're correct in saying that the Mini has a higher percentage of manual transmissions than most other makes. Still though, I'd bet that the ratio of automatics to manuals is quite a bit more than 2:1, at least for the vehicles sold in the U.S.
I would agree with the 2:1 for sure. I would be interested to know the true ratio, but that probably won't happen. It's an interesting discussion though.
'04 Honda Civic AT
'11 Mini Cooper 6-speed
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mustang GT

Post by eggwich delfiero »

I didn't click the Wards link cuz someone said it's behind a subscription wall, but I would love to know the ratios of manual:auto for different cars.
Don't quote this as absolute fact, but there was a Jalopnik article about manual trans failures in 2011 Mustangs (this article was posted about six months after these failures were news in any way, lol) and it was discussing how big of a dent this put in Ford's business. They claimed the take rate on manuals for the Mustang was 33%. I doubt it gets much higher than that. Still, the genius-level commenters on Jalopnik were still complaining "only 33?! Secretary, hairdresser, bla bla bla."
And speaking of Minis, the structure I park at for work is also used by the BMW/Audi/Mini dealer. I know the Countryman is big and ungainly and doesn't really make much sense like many CUVs, but that still doesn't prevent it from looking badass in white.
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mustang GT

Post by eggwich delfiero »

Maybe someone already mentioned this, too lazy to research, but it is claimed that the new Fiat 500s are getting a 50% sales rate on manual transmissions. WOW.
http://wot.motortrend.com/2012-fiat-500 ... 91851.html
And maybe it will grow on me but I find the lil Fiat to look hideous.
And some dude on The Car Lounge claimed Honda CRZs are getting a 60% take rate on manuals. I like the CRZ. Sure it's not a CRX, so what.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

eggwich delfiero wrote:Maybe someone already mentioned this, too lazy to research, but it is claimed that the new Fiat 500s are getting a 50% sales rate on manual transmissions. WOW.
That's great, but I heard they only sold 4 of them so far. :lol:
Jastreb
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda RX-8 R3, Blue

Post by Jastreb »

DKaz wrote:Volvo dropped the manual transmission in their S40 and V50 as well... sad.

And I think in a survey, 44% of BMW 1 series drivers thought that their cars were FWD.

I want the CTS-V Wagon though... even more so since watching this video.

That dry lake bed is about 20 miles from where I work.

8)
:twisted: ?
2009 Mazda RX-8 R3