Would-be car thieves gave up, stick shift

All the news that's fit to shift.
Standardshifter
Site Admin
Cars: 2005 Legacy GT, Buell

Would-be car thieves gave up, stick shift

Post by Standardshifter »

I believe this may be the first one of the year:

"They apparently couldn't start it. I had to tell him four different times to push in the clutch, because it's a standard transmission."

Would-be car thieves gave up, when they couldn't drive stick shift
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/20757 ... tick-shift
-Standardshifter
Shifting the Standard of Automotive Websites
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: Would-be car thieves gave up, stick shift

Post by tankinbeans »

This just made my day. I needed to giggle. I've known the basics, well the motions, of driving a manual since I was little. Then I finally started teaching myself, with a little help from friends. My friends and I often say we have the best anti-theft device around, somewhat tongue in cheek.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Randolph tried lifting finger prints off the car in fact you can still see powder on the side of the door. Randolph took us for a ride in his 2002 Corvette, "The basics of driving a standard transmission aren't difficult at all. This is a high performance car compared to other cars, so if they had gotten it, they might have hurt themselves in it."

Even though they left his cool Corvette, "They got away with my phone, they got my keys, they got my wallet." Randolph has a message for the hot rods who tried taking his fast ride, "Guys turn your life around. You guys have got a lot going for you. Thank you for not taking my life for something silly as a car."

Randolph says he has more information to give to police, but officers haven't yet returned his calls.
What is this, Bizarro World? He lifted prints himself. He suggests that they might have hurt themselves in it as if that was a bad thing. The article describes them as "hot rods". He has constructive advice for them, tries to boost their self esteem (how does he know they have a lot going for them? They can't even jack a car with a gun, seems like they're losers among losers), and he thanks them.

Well, I guess police not returning his call is pretty normal.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
DKaz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mazda3, Matrix, R3

Post by DKaz »

I always love to hear these stories! But I had to find an alternate news source to share.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Stick- ... index.html

The racist and bigoted comments on the Fox news site were embarrassing to say the least.

"The 10,000th news report that conveniently forgets to provide a description of the assailants/thieves/rapists/robbers/carjackers, etc. Gee, I wonder if they were black."
09 Mazda 5 GS 6MT - His
12 Mazda 3 GS-L Skyactiv 6MT - Hers

ImageImage
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Faux News....