Absolutely nothing Rondo with Kia's new idea.

All the news that's fit to shift.
User avatar
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 3701
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm
Cars: 17 300S, 03 Century
Location: Shakopee, MN

Re: Absolutely nothing Rondo with Kia's new idea.

Postby tankinbeans » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:56 pm

bk7794 wrote:My favorite kia was this rio. It looks like a kia, simple. I can see what they are trying to do with hyundai, but kia should have remained a simple car brand.

Image

I have to agree. Kia was making some nice looking cars, well the Optima is arguably a great looking car, but now their too bubbly.

I liked how my Forte looked, the new one...not so much.

That being said I life my Ficus, go figure.
17 Mazda6
03 Century
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7098
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '16 Golf TSI SE
Location: Dutchess County

Re: Absolutely nothing Rondo with Kia's new idea.

Postby potownrob » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:03 am

tankinbeans wrote:I liked how my Forte looked, the new one...not so much.

That being said I life my Ficus, go figure.
i think i missed something, why did you trade the forte in for a focus??
BUT DEM FAHGLEITZ!! :shock:

For Pizza!!!!

User avatar
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1484
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:16 am
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)
Location: Central CT

Re: Absolutely nothing Rondo with Kia's new idea.

Postby bk7794 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:28 am

tankinbeans wrote:
bk7794 wrote:My favorite kia was this rio. It looks like a kia, simple. I can see what they are trying to do with hyundai, but kia should have remained a simple car brand.

Image

I have to agree. Kia was making some nice looking cars, well the Optima is arguably a great looking car, but now their too bubbly.

I liked how my Forte looked, the new one...not so much.

That being said I life my Ficus, go figure.

Your koup was a nice car, and even the earlier Soul was nice along with the current Optima. Though I must say, it's that grill with the thin spot in the middle.
2000 Honda Civic EX 5 Speed
Volvo S60R 6 Speed

User avatar
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 3701
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm
Cars: 17 300S, 03 Century
Location: Shakopee, MN

Re: Absolutely nothing Rondo with Kia's new idea.

Postby tankinbeans » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:50 am

potownrob wrote:
tankinbeans wrote:I liked how my Forte looked, the new one...not so much.

That being said I life my Ficus, go figure.
i think i missed something, why did you trade the forte in for a focus??

Tired of my forth gear issue and having be "not replicable," or having the dealer say it was pretty much my fault because I was shifting funny. I shifted the same as in every car and have NEVER has the same issue. I figured f this and went to a brand with a more sorted transmission. Also, I've been a Ford guy most of my life.
17 Mazda6
03 Century
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!

User avatar
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1484
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:16 am
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)
Location: Central CT

Re: Absolutely nothing Rondo with Kia's new idea.

Postby bk7794 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:46 pm

tankinbeans wrote:
potownrob wrote:
tankinbeans wrote:I liked how my Forte looked, the new one...not so much.

That being said I life my Ficus, go figure.
i think i missed something, why did you trade the forte in for a focus??

Tired of my forth gear issue and having be "not replicable," or having the dealer say it was pretty much my fault because I was shifting funny. I shifted the same as in every car and have NEVER has the same issue. I figured f this and went to a brand with a more sorted transmission. Also, I've been a Ford guy most of my life.

Plus the ford focus has a nice shifter. Made in Germany.
2000 Honda Civic EX 5 Speed
Volvo S60R 6 Speed

User avatar
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 3701
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm
Cars: 17 300S, 03 Century
Location: Shakopee, MN

Re: Absolutely nothing Rondo with Kia's new idea.

Postby tankinbeans » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:53 pm

booger fling 7794 wrote:Plus the ford focus has a nice shifter. Made in Germany.


I was just poking around online and had to laugh at this line from autobytel.
The 2013 Ford Focus Sedan drives like a good German car. Wait. Make that a good expensive German car, not one of those dumbed-down Volkswagen Jettas or softened VW Passats that people are buying in droves. The Focus is taut yet supple, responsive and refined. Dynamically, the Focus is fantastic.

This isn't talking smack about Rob, but a friend has a Jetta and raves about its superior winter handling capabilities. I drive it, and, while it's nice enough, like mine better.
17 Mazda6
03 Century
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!

DKaz
Senior Standardshifter
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:25 pm
Cars: 12 Mazda 3 GS-Sky 6MT
Location: Coquitlam, BC

Re: Absolutely nothing Rondo with Kia's new idea.

Postby DKaz » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:05 pm

Specs and pricing released. Only the 5 seater base model Rondo will get a manual transmission. Mind you the base model is nicely equipped but still. At least in the 7-seater only Chevrolet Orlando (not available in US) you can get the first three trim levels in manual, the fourth being auto only, and of course all levels of Mazda 5 in Canada can be had with a manual (base model only in US). Unless it gets great fuel economy, pass.

here is the LX model:

LX MT - $21,695
    2.0L GDI, 4-cylinder, 164 hp, 156 lb. ft.
    6-speed manual transmission
    16” steel wheels w/covers and 205/55R16 tires
    temporary spare tire
    electric power steering (EPS)
    flex steering
    6 airbags (advance dual front, dual front side and dual curtain)
    4-wheel disc brakes with ABS
    Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
    Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
    Hill Assist Control (HAC)
    tilt and telescopic steering wheel
    steering wheel mounted audio and cruise controls
    trip computer
    sunglass holder
    map lights
    conversation mirror
    cloth seats
    centre console armrest
    rear centre armrest
    60/40 split rear seats
    height adjusting driver seat
    heated front seats
    air conditioning
    power door locks with impact-sensing
    two-turn unlock (driver side)
    central door lock
    power windows
    express up/down driver window
    obstacle-detecting driver window
    power sideview mirrors
    heated sideview mirrors
    heated windshield wipers
    AM/FM/CD/MP3/Satellite stereo
    AUX & USB input ports
    Bluetooth
    6 speakers
    keyless entry w/panic feature
    front and rear mud guards
    body-coloured sideview mirrors and outside door handles
    rear spoiler
    front fog lights

LX AT - $23,995
(adds to LX MT)
    6-speed automatic transmission with Active ECO
    rear backup warning system
    16” alloy wheels
    roof rails
    automatic headlights
    leather wrapped steering wheel and gear-shift knob

LX 7-seats - $25,195
(add to LX AT)
    3rd row seating

EX - $26,995
(adds to LX AT)
    17” alloys
    UVO infotainment system with rear view camera
    auto climate control
    auto-dimming rearview mirror
    rain sensing wipers
    chrome outside door handles and moulding
    cargo screen and luggage net
    leather seats
    auto-folding outside mirrors
    LED day time running lights
    push-button start with pocket lighting
    smart key
    power driver seat with power lumbar
    sideview mirror signal repeaters
    rear door sunblinds
    heating steering wheel
    obstacle-detecting windows (all)

EX 7-seats - $28,195
(adds to EX)
    3rd row seating

EX Luxury 7-seats - $32,195
(adds to EX 7-seat)
    panoramic sunroof (deletes conversation mirror)
    ventilated driver seat
    HID headlights
    LED rear taillights
    Navigation system
    black headliner
    upgraded audio system
    18” alloy wheels
    rear heated seats
    electric parking brake
    front and rear parking warning system
    TFT supervision cluster
12 Mazda 3 GS-L Skyactiv 6MT
14 Honda CBR125R 6MT

Image


Return to “Manuals in the News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest