2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray - Manual vs. Automatic Tran

All the news that's fit to shift.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray - Manual vs. Automatic

Post by tankinbeans »

InlinePaul wrote:
Shadow wrote:Okay, my guess is late 50s. Maybe 58?
Close. I'm 56.
I figured you were roughly the same age as my old man, what with a son who's about my age. Pappy will be 60 this year, but he's been aged since he was a young'n'. My mom says he's been 17 going on 90 his whole life.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

monkeyhunk wrote:Cripes. I'm a pup. I picture a few people here being in that age range
I think you would be surprised by the spread of the regulars here. I'm 26 in a month and a half but there are everything from teenagers to Paul on here.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

Squint wrote:
monkeyhunk wrote:Cripes. I'm a pup. I picture a few people here being in that age range
I think you would be surprised by the spread of the regulars here. I'm 26 in a month and a half but there are everything from teenagers to Paul on here.
I, too, will be 26 in 3 months 22 days 3 hours 8 minutes.

Mayhaps we should start a thread of ages (well brackets for those who don't want to get too specific). :lol: 8)
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Squint wrote:
Don't forget Rope-Pusher. I think he might be older than Paul.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

If this site had existed in the late 1970s I would have joined then. :lol:
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

InlinePaul wrote:If this site had existed in the late 1970s I would have joined then. :lol:
You would have been talking about these durned new fangled contraptions and then would have run back to your abacus to do calculations to find the average windspeed velocity of an unladen swallow. :twisted: :lol:
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

theholycow wrote:
Squint wrote:
Yeah, but I'm still young at heart, right?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

InlinePaul wrote:If this site had existed in the late 1970s I would have joined then. :lol:
Well, considering that the Internet has been around for quite some time now and this particular forum has been around for quite a few years too, it sure took you long enough to find it. LOL

BTW, who found the site, you or your son? I'm sure the conversation went something like this-- Hey Dad/Son, I found a cool message forum for people who love manual transmissions! We should both sign up today!!
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda 5 2.3L 5MT

Post by ClutchDisc »

Shadow wrote:
Well, considering that the Internet has been around for quite some time now and this particular forum has been around for quite a few years too, it sure took you long enough to find it. LOL

BTW, who found the site, you or your son? I'm sure the conversation went something like this-- Hey Dad/Son, I found a cool message forum for people who love manual transmissions! We should both sign up today!!
I'm the one that found the site, one day I just said I wonder if there is a forum dedicated to manual transmissions. So I go on google and search it and sure enough there it was! The first thing I did was send an email to my dad (who was at work) and said Hey look at this site, we got to get accounts here! I signed up as soon as I sent the email. My dad then signed up later the same day. And then we proceeded to confuse the entire SS community. :lol:
09 Mazda 5 2.3 5-speed manual 171k
11 Subaru Forester auto :( 113k
92 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed manual 151k
daleadbull
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: VW Golf R

Post by daleadbull »

Rope-Pusher wrote:
theholycow wrote:
Squint wrote:I think you would be surprised by the spread of the regulars here. I'm 26 in a month and a half but there are everything from teenagers to Paul on here.
Yeah, but I'm still young at heart, right?
Well, I must say. You are very good at the interwebs for your age with all the witty images you find for every situation. lol
2012 VW Golf R