71%
2006 Pontiac Solstice
29%

Total votes: 7

TheGame
Junior Standardshifter

Comparison Test: 2006 Pontiac Solstice vs. 2006 Mazda MX-5

Post by TheGame »

Last edited by TheGame on Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 Disc | 5 Spd | 4 Drs | 3 Pedals | 2 Ltr Eng | 1 Destiny
littleman09z
Senior Standardshifter

Post by littleman09z »

mazda for me
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

ZOOM ZOOM!!
jcprov21
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer RA

Post by jcprov21 »

mazda for me too, i like the looks more!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

I can't imagine GM making a car as well thought-out and executed as the MX-5.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

i think this one is a no brainer... mazda's been in the small convertible/roadster segment of the automarket for over 10 years already... they know more about this segment than most other companies... Over these 10 yrs, they've made improvements on improvements on improvements... i dont think that gm's new entry into this market will put a major dent in mazda's marketshare (jus yet)... sure gm has other convertible models as well but this is their first roadster gear towards miata buyers... i dont think they can do much on their first year cuz teh miata's been around for 15 yrs (i think... assuming if i remeber correctly... they started in 89') and ppl know it for its reputation for being fun to drive, affordable and very reliable....
littleman09z
Senior Standardshifter

Post by littleman09z »

Sypher wrote:i think this one is a no brainer... mazda's been in the small convertible/roadster segment of the automarket for over 10 years already... they know more about this segment than most other companies... Over these 10 yrs, they've made improvements on improvements on improvements... i dont think that gm's new entry into this market will put a major dent in mazda's marketshare (jus yet)... sure gm has other convertible models as well but this is their first roadster gear towards miata buyers... i dont think they can do much on their first year cuz teh miata's been around for 15 yrs (i think... assuming if i remeber correctly... they started in 89') and ppl know it for its reputation for being fun to drive, affordable and very reliable....
you make an excellant point. but gm can come and make an ipod happening continually improving but i still favor the mazda. but it can all change!
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

Not only do I like the looks of the MX-5 more, but I trust it a lot more since it has been around a lot longer (not to mention I favor Mazda over GM any day).
LS1Leader
Master Standardshifter

Post by LS1Leader »

Mazda for performance, Sky for looks. The Solstice will only be pretty if they put something nice under the hood... Miata and Solstice are just a little too cute for me.

That said, I've always seen the Miata as overpriced for what you get, unless you're only into auto-x. An S2000 is a better value in my book. It looks and feels more race-bred.
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

The "Value" proposition seems a strange approach for a car that starts $8,000 (36%) more expensive.
TheGame
Junior Standardshifter

Post by TheGame »

LS1Leader wrote:Mazda for performance, Sky for looks. The Solstice will only be pretty if they put something nice under the hood... Miata and Solstice are just a little too cute for me.

That said, I've always seen the Miata as overpriced for what you get, unless you're only into auto-x. An S2000 is a better value in my book. It looks and feels more race-bred.
So is it none, both, anyone....what?

That lead post is SIMPLE: Two cars...... NO Sky.... Miata & Solstice....

Choose one.....(or don't play the game at all)!!!!! :lol:
LS1Leader
Master Standardshifter

Post by LS1Leader »

IMBoring25 wrote:The "Value" proposition seems a strange approach for a car that starts $8,000 (36%) more expensive.
My mistake, "value" was probably the wrong word. I just feel that you get a lot more for the S2000 than you get with the Miata. Also, the original reason I said value was because I thought the Miata was more expensive. I had looked at the Mazda line and its prices a while back, and was shocked when I saw the MX-5 being listed for more than the RX-8. I just realized now that I was looking at the Mazdaspeed model. D'oh. :roll:

That said, I really wish they could put a wild engine into that light chassis. Its lack of power really bugs me, even though it was never meant to the car with the most speed, but rather the most fun.
LS1Leader
Master Standardshifter

Post by LS1Leader »

TheGame wrote:
LS1Leader wrote:Mazda for performance, Sky for looks. The Solstice will only be pretty if they put something nice under the hood... Miata and Solstice are just a little too cute for me.

I'd tell you, but I don't know if I can fit into either. :roll:
Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

LS1Leader wrote:
TheGame wrote:

I'd tell you, but I don't know if I can fit into either. :roll:
im not sure about the solstice, but if ur newhere under 6'5", u should be able to fit in the miata... i remember reading a review about the miata that the reviewer was 6'4" (i think... he was 6" somthing...) and he was able to fit comfotrablely.
TheGame
Junior Standardshifter

Post by TheGame »

Hey Syph,

Interesting comments......

Do you know that plenty people tend to stereo-type 2-dr cars and think that they are very tight up front? When, in actuality, & in most cases, they are as comfortable or sometimes even more comfortable than their 4-dr models.