Shift lessons in PA

Progressive Shifter
Junior Standardshifter

Shift lessons in PA

Post by Progressive Shifter »

Hey, everybody!

I just want to start off by saying I joined this forum out of a love and desire for rowing my own gears. However, there is no one I know that can turn to in order to learn these ways, influencing me to religiously look up videos on YouTube on how to do it, not expecting it to be my teacher, since I'm not experiencing it first-hand.

Anyway, I'm looking to figure out if there are any StandardShifters available nearby since I want to go hands-on with learning the ways of the manual. I live in Chester, which is Delaware County and is a half-hour away from Philadelphia and is over 5 1/2 hours away from Pittsburgh and the PA/OH border. I will be trying to get my dad's permission to set up a meet, so if there are any StandardShifters available, let me know.
MANUALS ARE SO UNDERRATED!! xD
soritong
Junior Standardshifter

Re: Shift lessons in PA

Post by soritong »

I'm not the greatest yet when it comes to smooth starts but I'm OK once I get going. If you have your own vehicle to practice on, I wouldn't mind.
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

not exactly necrothread...but this thread was definitely dead when you posted...
Progressive Shifter
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Progressive Shifter »

Yeah, totally dead. Also, I unfortunately do not have a car of my own at this time.
MANUALS ARE SO UNDERRATED!! xD