People in Ny up for meet?

Bodder
Senior Standardshifter

People in Ny up for meet?

Post by Bodder »

Hey,
Trying to get a meet in NY somtime but Ny is a little big.

If people from NY could post there location and how far they are willing to drive maybe we could make somthing happen.

Loc:Rochester
Drive:~100 Mi
ra64t wrote: yeah, she has a stick now
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Civic Si (FG2)

Post by NjSi »

i live in upstate nj but depending on the size(and date and time) of the meet id be willing to drive anywhere, hell i went up two weekends ago to Hunter, NY just to drive a porsche turbo....and eat lunch with the guy who owned it (my fathers friend) and from where i live hunter is about 2 hours away
JPizzzle
Junior Standardshifter

Post by JPizzzle »

I live in brooklyn. NJSI hunter is awesome i go skiing there, i'm sure the turbo was worth the drive, what year was it?
2005 Porsche Boxster S 6MT
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

i live in poughkeepsie. i'd be willing to travel as far south as central jersey, as far north as lake george and as far west as syracuse.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
jory543
Master Standardshifter

Post by jory543 »

I live in the utica/rome area... I'd be willing to go as far as albany or rochester for a meet once I get my car running :D
P911C4
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: '04 911, '08 Civic Si

Post by P911C4 »

I live about 10 miles/15 minutes north of Albany and would be willing to drive about an hour/50 miles in any direction.

Only problem is that I am in school in New Hampshire right now and therefore if we were going to have a meet, waiting until the middle of May would be helpful.
StandardShift.com Member #193

The Stable:
//2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 6MT//
//2008 Honda Civic Si 6MT//
mikebai1990
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mikebai1990 »

I live in Long Island, but I don't drive, and don't have a manual car, either... So :(
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

im in queens, no car atm though....
FREE ROMAN!
Bodder
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Bodder »

Should we make a nyc area meet and then a meet for upstate?

We have a couple people from rochester and western so maybe we should meet near rome. Not saying rome specifically but I know its about halfway between ablany and rocheseter.

If we made it some day next month around or in rome who would come?
ra64t wrote: yeah, she has a stick now
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

I'll be in the Binghamton/Endicott/Johnson City area for a few weeks around early June.

Figured I might as well point that out.
buster
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Prius

Post by buster »

I'm in Queens, and the idea of a meet is intriguing, but unfortunately I have no weekends free for the forseeable future.

BTW, I love Hunter, but not for skiing. Mountain biking there in the summer is fun! Back in 2002, I had to splint my buddies leg on Hellgate (black diamond) after we both crashed badly and had to cart him off the mountain. Good times...
"and Leon's getting laaaarrrrgggggeeeerrrr"
Cm452
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Stg 3+ Saab 9-3

Re: People in Ny up for meet?

Post by Cm452 »

I will drive max 3hrs in any direction. I am about 1.2hours north of NYC, about 2 from albany...
-Cm
Cm452
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Stg 3+ Saab 9-3

Post by Cm452 »

NYC=F*CK NO-people use their cars as battering rams, and the roads-jesus, the children falling into the pot holes is a huge problem as of late. Apparently, if you hit a subterranean child you are at fault :roll:
-Cm
MustangFan424
Senior Standardshifter

Post by MustangFan424 »

Queens here. We should have a group meet up for the auto show but its kinda to late for that. Maybe next year.
-Phil
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

nyc probably not the best place for a meet. i'm glad johnf, kevin and i met up on long island instead so we didn't have to worry about getting our cars messed up and we could drive each other's cars. Here's some pics of the '07 LI Meet:
http://www.standardshift.com/forum/view ... =23&t=8989
I think a better option would be to meet up somewhere more rural (than the city) yet relatively central to the members attending. I, for example, would probably be okay with meeting up anywheres from as far south as Westchester County to as north as Saratoga, as far west as Scranton or as far east as Hartford, as long as it's not much further than 3 hours from home.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.