New England Winter Break Meet

AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: New England Winter Break Meet

Post by AHTOXA »

Right. There will be a long heads-up because I will be taking time off as well. It's a little far to drive to simply leave on Friday after work to get there Saturday, then drive home early Sunday and straight to work on Monday. That's gonna be a little much, obviously.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Clearly. This is what, 30% longer than the drive to WV? More perhaps.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Yeah, about 35% longer or so. Says 15.5 hours or something like that. Hell of a driving day.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Thats quite a drive
Cm452
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Stg 3+ Saab 9-3

Post by Cm452 »

There is a place near me called grand prix NY, which is a sick indoor Go Kart track with 40mph karts with computerized lap timers, G meters, AVG speed tickers, and marshalls at every corner.
Plus they have a very posh waiting area and a decent restaurant. There are a couple runs I know off-there are some decent twisties, a highway that ends in a huge lot, which exits onto another set of twisites-eventually forming a loop. There is also the saw mill parkway, which is the most twisty highway you'll find in the tri state area...There is also R100 which is isolated and wide and twisty through the woods.
Plus, it would be close to me :wink: !
-Cm
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Do the go karts have manual transmissions? :D
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Cm452 wrote:There is a place near me called grand prix NY, which is a sick indoor Go Kart track with 40mph karts with computerized lap timers, G meters, AVG speed tickers, and marshalls at every corner.
Plus they have a very posh waiting area and a decent restaurant. There are a couple runs I know off-there are some decent twisties, a highway that ends in a huge lot, which exits onto another set of twisites-eventually forming a loop. There is also the saw mill parkway, which is the most twisty highway you'll find in the tri state area...There is also R100 which is isolated and wide and twisty through the woods.
-Cm
100 is nice and the Saw Mill is definitely twisty for a highway. What I used to enjoy was the Taconic north of Mahopac and south of I-84 with all those hills and curves. I also enjoy some of the other backroads in Putnam and Westchester like route 6, 301 near Carmel and then near Fahnstock Park, 117 near and north of Pleasantville, teh Palisades Parkway, crazy roads of Western Connecticut, 9D, 9W, 9A etc.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Cm452
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Cm452 »

potownrob wrote:
Cm452 wrote:There is a place near me called grand prix NY, which is a sick indoor Go Kart track with 40mph karts with computerized lap timers, G meters, AVG speed tickers, and marshalls at every corner.
-Cm
100 is nice and the Saw Mill is definitely twisty for a highway. What I used to enjoy was the Taconic north of Mahopac and south of I-84 with all those hills and curves. I also enjoy some of the other backroads in Putnam and Westchester like route 6, 301 near Carmel and then near Fahnstock Park, 117 near and north of Pleasantville, teh Palisades Parkway, crazy roads of Western Connecticut, 9D, 9W, 9A etc.
YUP! Some really nice putnam roads, however, there have been a whole slew of deer incidents so i stay away! Secondly, R117 -i believe the southern most end (very near Pleasantville), ends in a parking lot, and as I said, has become my personal 0-60 test road past 12am-not a sole.
-Cm
Cm452
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Cm452 »

I don't think the carts are shifter carts-they wouldn't make money, think of all those who cant drive stick for shit!
-Cm
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

My friend used to go to Pace in Pleasantville and my mom goes to doctors at the MKMG in Mount Kisko, so I've gotten to know 117 pretty well the past few years. I'm still not familiar with where 117 ends in a parking lot though; I must've always turned off before the end.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Cm452 wrote:I don't think the carts are shifter carts-they wouldn't make money, think of all those who cant drive stick for shit!
-Cm
yeah, I've never seen manual carts at a regular public go cart track but that would be fun.
Cm452
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Cm452 »

117 ends in phelps memorial hospitals parking lot.
Look it up on google maps.
-Cm
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Damn that looks like a nice ending to 117. I think I turned off onto rt. 9 before the end. My friend used to student teach at Ossining Middle School and he took me up that way at least once. There was a nice long parking lot inside the Pace campus we used to go crazy in. Once time it was dark and I was running the length of the lot in his WRX and I almost hit the fence at the end of the lot :oops: .
Cm452
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Cm452 »

Too bad certain parties (caugh...ricers) ruined it with their fart cannons and people complained.
-Cm
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Continuing in the more appropriate thread...
watkins wrote:Thats the sad thing. No meet is likely to happen unless you make it out here and we force people to show up.
The meet by no means depends on me. There's plenty of you guys out there to make things happen.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650