ALMS

Autocross, Road Racing, Rallycross, Rally...
User avatar
190E_passin_on_left
Junior Standardshifter
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Atl
Contact:

ALMS

Postby 190E_passin_on_left » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:31 pm

im a big fan of the Le Mans series, my favorite part about it would be the lower classes, such as the porsche's, ferrari's, corvette's etc...

comments? fans?? anyone??? :D
Zoom-Zoom

1991 MB 190E 2.3L
1984 BMW 533i
1986 Porsche 944T

User avatar
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 6960
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:54 am
Cars: 95 probe GT
Location: toledo ohio
Contact:

Postby hockeystyx16 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:08 pm

IMO its retarded to race 4 different races at the same time. i know, big part of the race is the P1 P2 getting around GTs, and GTs staying out of the way.

but to me, its like going to a HS football game and having varsity, JV, freshmen, and 8th grade games going on at the same time. its not the confusing aspect of it, because its not confusing to watch the race. its the retarded aspect of it.
imagine a cup, busch and the truck race at the same time on the same track. something like that.

if they want to have some good races, they need to have all 4 classes race separately. otherwise it just seems like they are trying to get the most use of their airtime by running multiclass races.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
Image

User avatar
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 3184
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:03 am
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Contact:

Postby Paolo300zx » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:43 pm

its kinda hard to have 4 different endurance races in the same weekend... F1 and GP2 are on the same weekend and at the same track, but because they are only 2 hours each they can run them at different times...

zender05
Senior Standardshifter
Posts: 734
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Postby zender05 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:18 pm

I think ALMS is great, however, they need to make the sport more marketable. For example, they need to actually market in the first place lol.

User avatar
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 9441
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:04 am
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT
Location: Ithaca, NY

Postby eaglecatcher » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:19 pm

Paolo300zx wrote:its kinda hard to have 4 different endurance races in the same weekend... F1 and GP2 are on the same weekend and at the same track, but because they are only 2 hours each they can run them at different times...


holy cow, he returns. you're failing me paolo, I'm headed towards a miata now. the Z influence is lacking on here nowadays...
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs

User avatar
190E_passin_on_left
Junior Standardshifter
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Atl
Contact:

Postby 190E_passin_on_left » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:45 pm

as mentioned earlier, holding four endurance races in one weekend would be difficult, if not impossible

remember that the ALMS runs the 24 hrs of le mans

how could you possibly run that race 4 times in one weekend?

but thats besides the point, i think the slower traffic adds excitement to the race, if it were not for the slower traffic, it would just be a large group of prototypes zooming around all day, and thats just ridiculous, cuz we already know that they can go ridiculously fast
Zoom-Zoom



1991 MB 190E 2.3L

1984 BMW 533i

1986 Porsche 944T

ra64t
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: VA, USA
Contact:

Postby ra64t » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:43 pm

I don't think 4 classes running at the same time is retarded, I think its interesting and its what makes ALMS/ endurance racing unique.

I think a big part of the appeal of ALMS is the cars. There is a wide verity of cars from production based to prototpyes, and the prototypes are awesome looking, WAY better then those junk Daytona prototypes in Grand Am.

ALMS is not my favorite racing series though. I prefer shorter races because they are more action packed, and I prefer racing which is more focused on the drivers, instead of the cars.

User avatar
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 9441
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:04 am
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT
Location: Ithaca, NY

Postby eaglecatcher » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:14 am

ra64t wrote:I don't think 4 classes running at the same time is retarded, I think its interesting and its what makes ALMS/ endurance racing unique.

I think a big part of the appeal of ALMS is the cars. There is a wide verity of cars from production based to prototpyes, and the prototypes are awesome looking, WAY better then those junk Daytona prototypes in Grand Am.

ALMS is not my favorite racing series though. I prefer shorter races because they are more action packed, and I prefer racing which is more focused on the drivers, instead of the cars.


That's why I like Superbike AMA. That's some exciting racing right there.
Short laps, usually in the 30 range, and they're motorcycles, what more could you want?

and they have some hot umbrella girls
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs

ra64t
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: VA, USA
Contact:

Postby ra64t » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:24 am

eaglecatcher wrote:
ra64t wrote:I don't think 4 classes running at the same time is retarded, I think its interesting and its what makes ALMS/ endurance racing unique.

I think a big part of the appeal of ALMS is the cars. There is a wide verity of cars from production based to prototpyes, and the prototypes are awesome looking, WAY better then those junk Daytona prototypes in Grand Am.

ALMS is not my favorite racing series though. I prefer shorter races because they are more action packed, and I prefer racing which is more focused on the drivers, instead of the cars.


That's why I like Superbike AMA. That's some exciting racing right there.
Short laps, usually in the 30 range, and they're motorcycles, what more could you want?

and they have some hot umbrella girls


Agreed, Moto GP, AMA superbike, supersport, etc. all have great racing. I'm still biased towards 4 wheels though.

User avatar
190E_passin_on_left
Junior Standardshifter
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Atl
Contact:

Postby 190E_passin_on_left » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:51 pm

ya, 4 wheels is better in my opinion, although bike racing is cool
Zoom-Zoom



1991 MB 190E 2.3L

1984 BMW 533i

1986 Porsche 944T

User avatar
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7399
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:17 am
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Postby comingbackdown » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:40 am

ra64t wrote:I don't think 4 classes running at the same time is retarded, I think its interesting and its what makes ALMS/ endurance racing unique.

I think a big part of the appeal of ALMS is the cars. There is a wide verity of cars from production based to prototpyes, and the prototypes are awesome looking, WAY better then those junk Daytona prototypes in Grand Am.

ALMS is not my favorite racing series though. I prefer shorter races because they are more action packed, and I prefer racing which is more focused on the drivers, instead of the cars.


NASCAR. Busch Series is short. I prefer the Nextel Cup races though.

I've never even seen one of the Craftsman Series races... :(

I see just about every Busch and Nextel Cup race these days though.
A good example of short, exciting races:
Today would be good. Short track, lots of excitement. I only saw the tail end of the race though. :( Jimmie Johnson won it, and Dale Jr. slipped waaaaay back... He really needs to win before the end of the season...
Image
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200


Return to “Racing with Corners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests