MISC: What's on your Mind?

StandardShifterMz3s
Senior Standardshifter

Post by StandardShifterMz3s »

Damn.......is this site freakin' BORING or what?

It used to be so lively and all.....it couldn't be the H-O-L-I-D-A-Y-Z-E...... could it? Maybe me? I guess not....... this must be the only entertaining THREAD on the borad, period. :lol: :lol: Many are afraid to say so.......

Oh well.......maybe I'll refrain from coming here...... too much crap is being posted, not to mention the threads that keep repeating themselves OVER and OVER AGAIN.

What are moderators for? Lock all the threads that speak of the same INITIAL topic and redirect them to the original thread of that particular topic. Could it be that this board is so desperate for posts that it's mods are leaving those said threads, purposely? I think so.

In any case, it simply makes it worse.

I hope the NEW YEAR brings NEW dimension and gets the best out of people to converse here in educational discussions.

Yes, people will say this thread is a WASTE (like all the posts in this thread). But, if you go check other boards and forums, you'll see that off-topic threads are discussed as much or in many cases even more that what the borad was created for.

That's what makes this board suffer. People are too narrow-minded to discuss other things that make up the every-day life.

But if your WHOLE life happened to rotate around STICK-SHIFT, then I pity you.

In good spirits:

H-A-P-P-Y------H-O-L-I-D-A-Z-E

T-O------O-N-E------A-N-D------A-L-L.
Whisper Softly: --> Zoom-Zoom...
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

Post by ReckLess »

HAPPY [place your holiday here] TO YOU!
Standardshifter
Site Admin
Cars: 2005 Legacy GT, Buell

Post by Standardshifter »

StandardShifterMz3s,

Mods are busy keeping an eye on what you post. :D
-Standardshifter
Shifting the Standard of Automotive Websites
StandardShifterMz3s
Senior Standardshifter

Standardshifter wrote:StandardShifterMz3s,

Mods are busy keeping an eye on what you post. :D
Ha Ha Ha...... :roll:
StandardShifterMz3s
Senior Standardshifter

Santa Claus Is a Woman

I hate to be the one to defy sacred myth, but I believe he's a she. Think about it. Christmas is a big, organized, warm, fuzzy, nurturing, social deal, and I have a tough time believing a guy could possibly pull it all off!

For starters, the vast majority of men don't even think about selecting gifts until Christmas Eve. Once at the mall, they always seem surprised to find only Ronco products, socket wrench sets, and mood rings left on the shelves. On this count alone, I'm convinced Santa is a woman.

Surely, if he were a man, everyone in the universe would wake up Christmas morning to find a rotating musical Chia Pet under the tree, still in the bag.

Another problem for a he-Santa would be getting there. First of all, there would be no reindeer because they would all be dead, gutted and strapped on to the rear bumper of the sleigh amid wide-eyed, desperate claims that buck season had been extended. Blitzen's rack would already be on the way to the taxidermist.

Even if the male Santa DID have reindeer, he'd still have transportation problems because he would inevitably get lost up there in the snow and clouds and then refuse to stop and ask for directions.

Other reasons why Santa can't possibly be a man:

Men can't pack a bag.

Men would rather be dead than caught wearing red velvet.

Men would feel their masculinity is threatened having to be seen with all those elves.

Men don't answer their mail.

Men would refuse to allow their physique to be described, even in jest, as anything remotely resembling a "bowl full of jelly."

Men aren't interested in stockings unless somebody's wearing them.

Having to do the Ho Ho Ho thing would seriously inhibit their ability to pick up women.

Finally, being responsible for Christmas would require a commitment.

I can buy the fact that other mythical holiday characters are men:

Father Time shows up once a year unshaven and looking ominous. Definite guy.

Cupid flies around carrying weapons.

Uncle Sam is a politician who likes to point fingers.

Any one of these individuals could pass the testosterone screening test.

But not St. Nick.

Not a chance.

The Top 15 Signs Santa Claus is Actually a Woman

15. Santa *remembers* it's Christmas. 'Nuf said.

14. Reads children's letters in office instead of in bathroom.

13. Never explains what exactly you did to deserve that coal in your stocking; if you have to ask, maybe that's the problem!

12. Employs little people in a sweatshop and co-hosts TV talk show, "Regis and Santa Lee."

11. Despite the closet full of red coats with big black belts, *still* insists she has nothing to wear on Christmas Eve.

10. "Mrs. Claus" wears work boots, has a crew cut, and drives a '68 El Camino.

9. A man simply would not care if you were naughty or nice.

8. Actually seems to shake like TWO bowls full of jelly.

7. Bowl full of jelly, my ass. It's water retention.

6. Constantly whining about equality until it's time to clean out the reindeer stalls.

5. Matching shoes and belt? Only a woman would accessorize a pantsuit like that!

4. No guy would ever name his animals Dancer and Prancer.

3. Santa never, ever observed peeing off of rooftops.

2. The North Pole Blockbuster's been out of "The Horse Whisperer" for weeks.

and Top5's Number 1 *Other* Sign Santa Claus is Actually a Woman...

1. With the way they build chimneys these days you'd *have* to be Calista friggin' Flockhart just to get in!

-- Copyright 1998 by Chris White. Please do not forward, publish, broadcast or use in any manner without crediting "TopFive.com" - it's the right thing to do.

So, what do you think? Click REPLY to voice your opinion on the matter for posterity!

Santa Claus Is a Woman

Comedy and Jokes Forum
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

Post by ReckLess »

NOOOOOOOOO... all my christmas belif was a lie? :lol: :lol:
StandardShifterMz3s
Senior Standardshifter

ReckLess wrote:NOOOOOOOOO... all my christmas belif was a lie? :lol: :lol:
I'm afraid so....... & here she is: in all her GLORY!

ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

Post by ReckLess »

darn.. then what is the real meaing of chirstmas?
StandardShifterMz3s
Senior Standardshifter

ReckLess wrote:darn.. then what is the real meaing of chirstmas?
For me......... it's having a NAUGHTY Misses Clause!!! :lol:
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

Post by ReckLess »

in that case.. my christmas whould be all about the presents.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
StandardShifterMz3s
Senior Standardshifter

Question of the DAY?

Question of the DAY!

Why is it that so many people read.......and so little (if any at all) respond?

I understand that some may be just guests.... but damn....... it drives me nuts to know that plenty people just care about their concern and not to sometimes indulge in meaningful discussions.....

Oh well........no wonder I have 'my own' thread in what I'd like to refer to the "Back Room"
LS1Leader
Master Standardshifter

Post by LS1Leader »

I think it's funny that they censor your thread yet don't remove the spam started in a whole bunch of forums by mover4u or something like that.

Sometimes, there's really nothing to say. Am I supposed to respond if I read something and have nothing meaningful to say, just to respond?

By the way, if you ahven't noticed, most people join this board, learn to drive stickshift, then leave. It's just the nature of this board. If you don't like it, feel free to find a Mazda 3 forum elsewhere. I'm sure you'll learn more valuable information about your car and also get more responses over there than just by shooting the shit here and then complaining when nobody says anything back.

Have a nice day. :)
Cruel Night
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Subaru Forester

Post by Cruel Night »

LS1Leader wrote:I think it's funny that they censor your thread yet don't remove the spam started in a whole bunch of forums by mover4u or something like that.

Sometimes, there's really nothing to say. Am I supposed to respond if I read something and have nothing meaningful to say, just to respond?

By the way, if you ahven't noticed, most people join this board, learn to drive stickshift, then leave. It's just the nature of this board. If you don't like it, feel free to find a Mazda 3 forum elsewhere. I'm sure you'll learn more valuable information about your car and also get more responses over there than just by shooting the shit here and then complaining when nobody says anything back.

Have a nice day. :)
*applause* Well said:)
2005 Saturn Ion 3
~Resident Drag Queen~
StandardShifterMz3s
Senior Standardshifter

M-E-R-R-Y ----- X-M-A-S

PS. In the SPIRIT of the Holiday Season, I'll just let the good times roll....

Nevertheless, it's funny how you can get some people or "cyber posters" to respond when they feel GUILTY of certain actions, although, the statement that was made wasn't particularly directed to them.

People: Remember..... this is the INTERNET... if you're offended.... THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM.... there is no common-real-bond here... it's what the call CYBER SPACE....
... If you don't like it, feel free to find a Mazda 3 forum elsewhere. I'm sure you'll learn more valuable information about your car and also get more responses over there than just by letting me shoot the $hit that I post here and then complaining when nobody says anything back.
LS1Leader, You're late on the train pal.... I DO NOT wait on people to tell me things... I do my own research.... so FYI.... I post the least on this board than any other forums that I'm a part of "out there" .... ha ha ha.

Oh... and Cruel Night.... Stop hiding under other people skirts and speak for your own self...

& On the original Note..... M-E-R-R-Y ----- X-M-A-S to both of you!
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Post by coolguy »

Ok ok...........................