Pic's from Finland

mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Cevrolet Caprice STW (at)

Re: Pic's from Finland

Post by mad_finn »

Rope-Pusher wrote:
mad_finn wrote:Evan though season is over, but as the weather is still exeptionally warm, and there wasn't even raining, we pulled up 1 more cruising

http://ikonen82.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Helsinki ... 4.11.2011/

the last car in the pic's, Pontiac GTO, there is only one in Finland
...and it's not even a REAL GTO. Can there be a DOG in Hebbin who would leave the Finns without a 389 tri-power Muncie 4-speed GTO? This is worse than orphans in Africa or the shortage of vowels in Bosnia. Como on SSers! If we each give $10, we can purchase a GTO and send it to Mad_Finn or Tups, so people in Finland will start making babies again.
Ok I need to fix what I did say... that's the only "new" GTO in finland... ofcourse we have some old from 60's and 70's too.
13litre engine, 18 speed manual, total weight 36tons.11 years on the road,700k.miles driven
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

mad_finn wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote:
mad_finn wrote:Evan though season is over, but as the weather is still exeptionally warm, and there wasn't even raining, we pulled up 1 more cruising

http://ikonen82.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Helsinki ... 4.11.2011/

the last car in the pic's, Pontiac GTO, there is only one in Finland
...and it's not even a REAL GTO. Can there be a DOG in Hebbin who would leave the Finns without a 389 tri-power Muncie 4-speed GTO? This is worse than orphans in Africa or the shortage of vowels in Bosnia. Como on SSers! If we each give $10, we can purchase a GTO and send it to Mad_Finn or Tups, so people in Finland will start making babies again.
Ok I need to fix what I did say... that's the only "new" GTO in finland... ofcourse we have some old from 60's and 70's too.
Do we still have to send the car to you? I mean, we collected the money, found a nice example on Craigslist that fit within our budget and left some money for shipping, yada, yada, yada.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Shipping a car to Finland, I reckon, is probably more expensive than the car itself.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

^ DUH....So then just drive it there! Idots, I'm surrounded by idots!
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Sure, just put these tires on it:
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mad_finn »

Long time offliner is back, as driving season is starting again, and the "official" opening hapens with American Car Show / Tuning Car Show.
And I got some photos again.

http://xtreme2.galleria.fi/kuvat/Kotima ... 012/?n=300

http://tomi123.kuvat.fi/kuvat/ACS2012/

Also first criuse at helsinki has been, wich I has to skip cause I had work at same evening, anyways, weather wasn't that great and there obviously wasn't too many peoples around there so afterall, I idn't miss too much.

http://ikonen82.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Helsinki ... 06.4.2012/
13litre engine, 18 speed manual, total weight 36tons.11 years on the road,700k.miles driven
mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mad_finn »

NPS (car club) meet at Tuuloinen Mostly tuners

http://tellu.kuvat.fi/kuvat/2012/tapaht ... 28.4.2012/

I know the guy in that green Nissan Micra, at the moment he is going trough paperwar so he could add turbo to his car, but still keeping it street legal, broblem is that the car engine will need so "drastic changes" that it will niid to be tested at VTT (valtion tieteellinen tutkimus laitos = engl: national sientific research center) for the exact power figures after the change / emisions etc... testing will take 3-4 days when they got enough time. and will cost 2000+ euros, will the test pass or fail. If it fails he needs to do some modifications to make the car pass the test, and he can try again... and the price is same, as long as it passes.
Would you like to place a turbo to a 3000-4000€ car in Finland? :)

Now these test are reguired to cars build after 1992 so this is why I prefer them.
mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mad_finn »

Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

Some good pics, Finn. I still find it kind of funny that many of the old American cars make it to your shows that you go to. Even some that most of us wouldn't call collector's vehicles.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mad_finn »

Squint wrote:Some good pics, Finn. I still find it kind of funny that many of the old American cars make it to your shows that you go to. Even some that most of us wouldn't call collector's vehicles.
I don't disagree or even doubt that. As I do know that we have many cars tought as rare or somewhat rare cars and therefore cared much, what on many other countrys are concidered as junkheaps.

But just to tell bit more about older cars in Finland.

Before 70's and erly 70's there wasn't too many dealerships for american cars, even today they are bit rare for GM and US ford, Mopar products are guite well found their way in here.

For last 20-30 years if one har wanted to buy a Chevrolet, from any dealership in Finland, note only regulation it that the car has Chevrolet badges on it, He has had choise of either Pickup, Van, or Corvette, nothing else under Chevrolet badge has been imported to the country by any dealership (well camaros might have been, but I havn't seen any camaros on any dealerships before this latest model)

For any other Chevrolet car you have had to important 1 by yor self.

For other GM models the story is even worse, no dealerships at all imported any.

For example. If BMW wouldn't been imported to states, would you go to buy one abroad, ship it in, pay the customs, and other stuff involved to get it on streets. I don't think so.

On the bright side, back in 80's when we had economy in good state, and those who had bit of extra money decided to take a risks, buy new, or fairly new US cars from states, import them by them selfs. and cause there was so many US cars coming this way during 80's there some guys who loved them and lerned how to fix them, set up garages to fix them.
It was late 70's when the US Fords and Chevrolets finally found their way up here, without dealerships for MoPar products there was some dealerships regulary importing them, but at late 70's Mopar had a seputation as somewhat bad car. so there wasn't too many peoples actually buying them.

Today, we have some cars imported on late 80's and some imported on 2000 and after that, the 80's caprices and other GM STW's arte most common, and most of them are rotting behind barns or allready scrapped. So to find some wich are actualy been taken care of, and still roadworthy, are somewhat rare, and if you actually find one in good condition, thats rare.

For comparison, we have only 7 cars with original hemi engine, 4 Shelby mustangs from 60's and 70's, 1 Superbee (440 Cid), and all of the cars mentioned have been imported during 1980-2011

For me seeing anything other than GM STW, pickup or van, or camaro / F-bird, from 80's is something that's guite rare.
mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mad_finn »

mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mad_finn »

mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mad_finn »

Streetrod nationals (were kinda lame as weather was bad most of the time)

http://tellu.kuvat.fi/kuvat/2012/tapaht ... 4.07.2012/
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

mad_finn wrote:Streetrod nationals (were kinda lame as weather was bad most of the time)

http://tellu.kuvat.fi/kuvat/2012/tapaht ... 4.07.2012/
Nice pictures! I find it funny that there are a bunch of classic cars/hot rods/older cars/etc... and then one car with a camper trailer. :lol: :lol:
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!