Pic's from Finland

mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Cevrolet Caprice STW (at)

Pic's from Finland

Post by mad_finn »

Pic's from car hapenings in Finland. Usually not my own, cause I dont have camera, but I usually find some picks from them.

Starting: Cruising Vantaa
http://ikonen82.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Vantaa%2 ... 1.10.2011/
13litre engine, 18 speed manual, total weight 36tons.11 years on the road,700k.miles driven
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Pic's from Finland

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Them are all 'Merican cars! Finland seems to be like Cuba, except they stopped the clock 10 years after Cuba did.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mad_finn »

Well the hapenings where I go to are usually for Us cars some classic euro /japs occasionally jump in, Euro/japs tuners and such usally meet elsewhere, but anyway, we will see more later on.
As the "Driving season" is ending, cars are sheltered from winter and worked on for improvements, and such during the winter (garrage season) this thread will be quite dead for a while. But when "American & Tuning car show" opens the season again next year, I'll try to wake up this thread too.

By the way, I swapped my old caprice http://ikonen82.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Cruising ... 11/213.JPG cause of engine failure, and body wasn't in too good shape afterall, I either had to build a complitely new floor for it, or it would have failed it's next "road safety inspection" next summer.

So... this is my new ride, http://ikonen82.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Vantaa%2 ... 11/080.JPG mint condition, Olds 350 from somewhere 70's th350 autotragic,
I was shocked how fast it actually is!
setting off like train, but after 30mph it's "turns the dragrster mode" on :shock:
13litre engine, 18 speed manual, total weight 36tons.11 years on the road,700k.miles driven
mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mad_finn »

http://ikonen82.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Porvoo%2 ... 9.10.2011/
Last of the season...
Porvoo cruising.

As you can see, there is new challenger without plates, it actually had "trasporting plate stickers" on it's front and rear window
There is no dealerships wich would import any of thise, and the headlight's and taillights are "illeagal" cause they are not EU aproved... so getting it between plates have some broblems, but if you really wan't one, you can buy, import, and change the lights to lefal ones by your self... much work, and takes time... but you can have one :twisted:
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

^ I was looking, but didn't see a Challenger. Did I miss it, or did someone drive off with it?
mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mad_finn »

http://ikonen82.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Porvoo%2 ... 11/066.JPG

yep... legal to drive with transportation plates
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

K
You know, those headlights are not round! Flat across the top! Prolly so the hood can sit lower at the leading edge.
mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mad_finn »

I know that is a broblem... dunno how they have solved it, probably with some aftermarket headlight's wich are ment for it, but have the EU aproval... I have seen few of those in streets
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

Still trying to figure out how this one fits in with the rest:

On American roads, that would be a hunk 'o junk at best.
mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mad_finn »

Shadow wrote:Still trying to figure out how this one fits in with the rest:

Well yeah... I don't have the chrome wheels on it, cause winter is here soon. But the 100k miles driven total, and olds 350 sb from somewhere early 70's pushing 300hp... well that's not much afterall, but it's guite sleeper for it's kind...

It's my daily driver :lol:
For example this http://ikonen82.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Porvoo%2 ... 11/008.JPG with it's 383 stock engine... it don't stand a chance if we go have a little race.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

mad_finn wrote:
Shadow wrote:Still trying to figure out how this one fits in with the rest:

Well yeah... I don't have the chrome wheels on it, cause winter is here soon. But the 100k miles driven total, and olds 350 sb from somewhere early 70's pushing 300hp... well that's not much afterall, but it's guite sleeper for it's kind...

It's my daily driver :lol:
For example this http://ikonen82.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Porvoo%2 ... 11/008.JPG with it's 383 stock engine... it don't stand a chance if we go have a little race.
LOL.. oh boy...I had no idea you owned that car. I didn't mean to make fun of your car, I just didn't see it fitting in with most of the other classic American muscle. On the other hand, I can appreciate a good sleeper car that looks like a turd but runs like a bat out of hell.
mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mad_finn »

0-25 mph... like a train leaving from station 25-90mph like a rocket.
mad_finn
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mad_finn »

Evan though season is over, but as the weather is still exeptionally warm, and there wasn't even raining, we pulled up 1 more cruising

http://ikonen82.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Helsinki ... 4.11.2011/

the last car in the pic's, Pontiac GTO, there is only one in Finland
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

mad_finn wrote:Evan though season is over, but as the weather is still exeptionally warm, and there wasn't even raining, we pulled up 1 more cruising

http://ikonen82.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Helsinki ... 4.11.2011/

the last car in the pic's, Pontiac GTO, there is only one in Finland
...and it's not even a REAL GTO. Can there be a DOG in Hebbin who would leave the Finns without a 389 tri-power Muncie 4-speed GTO? This is worse than orphans in Africa or the shortage of vowels in Bosnia. Como on SSers! If we each give $10, we can purchase a GTO and send it to Mad_Finn or Tups, so people in Finland will start making babies again.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

^Just in case you thought I was joking about the vowel shortage in Bosnia.

Clinton Deploys Vowels to Bosnia

Cities of Sjlbvdnzv, Grzny to Be First Recipients

Before an emergency joint session of Congress yesterday, President Clinton announced US plans to deploy over 75,000 vowels to the war-torn region of Bosnia. The deployment, the largest of its kind in American history, will provide the region with the critically needed letters A,E,I,O and U, and is hoped to render countless Bosnian names more pronounceable.

"For six years, we have stood by while names like Ygrjvslhv and Tzlynhr and Glrm have been horribly butchered by millions around the world," Clinton said. "Today, the United States must finally stand up and say 'Enough.' It is time the people of Bosnia finally had some vowels in their incomprehensible words. The US is proud to lead the crusade in this noble
endeavour."

The deployment, dubbed Operation Vowel Storm by the State Department, is set for early next week, with the Adriatic port cities of Sjlbvdnzv and Grzny slated to be the first recipients. Two C-130 transport planes, each carrying over 500 24-count boxes of "E's," will fly from Andrews Air Force Base across the Atlantic and airdrop the letters over the cities.

Citizens of Grzny and Sjlbvdnzv eagerly await the arrival of the vowels. "My God, I do not think we can last another day," Trszg Grzdnjkln, 44, said. "I have six children and none of them has a name that is understandable to me or to anyone else. Mr. Clinton, please send my poor, wretched family just one 'E.' Please."

Said Sjlbvdnzv resident Grg Hmphrs, 67: "With just a few key letters, I could be George Humphries. This is my dream."

If the initial airlift is successful, Clinton said the United States will go ahead with full-scale vowel deployment, with C-130's airdropping thousands more letters over every area of Bosnia. Other nations are expected to pitch in as well, including 10,000 British "A's" and 6,500 Canadian "U's." Japan, rich in A's and O's, was asked to participate, but declined.

"With these valuable letters, the people of war-ravaged Bosnia will be able to make some terrific new words," Clinton said. "It should be very exciting for them, and much easier for us to read their maps."

Linguists praise the US's decision to send the vowels. For decades they have struggled with the hard consonants and difficult pronunciation of most Slavic words. "Vowels are crucial to construction of all language," Baylor University linguist Noam Frankel said. "Without them, it would be difficult to utter a single word, much less organize a coherent sentence. Please, just don't get me started on the moon-man languages they use in those Eastern European countries."

According to Frankel, once the Bosnians have vowels, they will be able to construct such valuable sentences as: "The potatoes are ready"; "I believe it will rain"; and "All my children are dead from the war" [And "Oh my God, there's an axe in my head." ?]

The airdrop represents the largest deployment of any letter to a foreign country since 1984. During the summer of that year, the US shipped 92,000 consonants to Ethiopia, providing cities like Ouaouoaua, Eaoiiuae, and Aao with vital, life-giving supplies of L's, S's and T's.