All things photo, moving or not.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Re: Just a couple of cars I saw lately

Post by noob5,000,000 »

Corvette ZR1
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

A couple days ago I saw a white Maserati something or other (might have been an 08ish Quattroporte) tooling around the St. Paul suburbs. The styling in person makes me wretch.

I also saw an ex Caprice squad car.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote:A couple days ago I saw a white Maserati something or other (might have been an 08ish Quattroporte) tooling around the St. Paul suburbs. The styling in person makes me wretch.

I also saw an ex Caprice squad car.
neighbour's had won of those four a couple of years now. only thyme we sea it is once oar twice a year when he takes the cover off too look at it. eye assume it's either knot in driveable shape, oar he cant afford two keep it on the rode. had to look up val you too find out it wasn't worth wut eye fought it was... there's also a mock caprice cop car (mid 2000s version) that used to be used by a local radio station and was in their lot/yard for years even after they stopped using it, and now is in some repair shop / used car dealer's parking lot. eye think they took off the light bar and most of the other badging. eye used to work whiff someone who did marketing at the radio station who said they had to change the colors of the light bar lights and certain other things to be allowed to run it for their promotions where they drove the car around and parked it at locations they were working.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Wow, ewer Hinklitch s munch butter than inn the passed. Key pup the goat work.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote:Wow, ewer Hinklitch s munch butter than inn the passed. Key pup the goat work.
fangs row pah. Eye aim two peas end drei knot too sneeze. Eye em current lee sweat ting op uh store ma. Eye em in air con dishening butt eye em die ah bet tick. Say la vee.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Eye min Walla Walla Washington. I saw a nice Studebaker today, but only two horsepillows. It was in the Fort Walla Walla museum....the artist that sketched it was an equine.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

I was on Vacation visiting relatives and rented a Kia Soul for driving in Idaho, Washington, and Oregon.

Put 800 miles on the odometer and averaged 32.8 mpg. Not bad considering the land isn't as flat as Michigan over there.

Sigh,....but as expected, the rental was a slushbox.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

Rope-Pusher wrote:I was on Vacation visiting relatives and rented a Kia Soul for driving in Idaho, Washington, and Oregon.

Put 800 miles on the odometer and averaged 32.8 mpg. Not bad considering the land isn't as flat as Michigan over there.

Sigh,....but as expected, the rental was a slushbox.
What are your impressions of the Soul? How were the hamsters? I'm curious if the KIAs are better with slushboxen versus manuals. Mine with a manual certainly left a dirty taste in my mouth even as the rest of the car was fine for its price point.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

The Soul was........a car. Nothing great, nothing bad. Not too loud, not extremely quiet. Not too pokey, but not too fast either. I hated the Red LED odometer and whatever else in the center of the gage cluster - I can't see red so good, and expecially not in strong sunlight. Oh, and the automatic temperature control - the fan is WAY TOO NOISY to let it rev like that for so long just because the interior temperature is far from the temperature setting.

I drove an Outback today - a CVT Slushbox company car. Mostly drove on freeways. I still hait the CVT, even moren I hate a regliar slushbox. Oh, and for a fuel economy gage, it appears to have a vacuum gage. Sure, engine intake manifold vacuum is kinda related to fuel economy, but in this day and age, it was a pretty lame excuse for a fuel economy meter.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote:The Soul was........a car. Nothing great, nothing bad. Not too loud, not extremely quiet. Not too pokey, but not too fast either. I hated the Red LED odometer and whatever else in the center of the gage cluster - I can't see red so good, and expecially not in strong sunlight. Oh, and the automatic temperature control - the fan is WAY TOO NOISY to let it rev like that for so long just because the interior temperature is far from the temperature setting.

I drove an Outback today - a CVT Slushbox company car. Mostly drove on freeways. I still hait the CVT, even moren I hate a regliar slushbox. Oh, and for a fuel economy gage, it appears to have a vacuum gage. Sure, engine intake manifold vacuum is kinda related to fuel economy, but in this day and age, it was a pretty lame excuse for a fuel economy meter.
eye doughnt fink any win noes wye they stihl yous that mpg metre fing from da 2ks. Vacuum based mite ex plane eat. Ever re-won eye no wishes they put some fink else in eats plates. Know lite dim myrrh on da key ya??
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

Why are fuel economy gauges so hard to get exact? I have one in Malcolm which can sometimes be right on the nipple, while other times over/under-estimating mileage. Is there a reason there can't be a way of figuring out how much makes it into the cylinder, coupled with speed and gets expended? Would there be a way to integrate that into the injector curcuits on DI engines?
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

Kia missed a huge opportunity for lulz by not naming it the Kia Seoul.

I saw a red FD in my rear view mirror today. Didn't get a picture, but it looked pretty much like this:
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

noob5,000,000 wrote:Kia missed a huge opportunity for lulz by not naming it the Kia Seoul.

I saw a red FD in my rear view mirror today. Didn't get a picture, but it looked pretty much like this:
DAS IST HOT!! aber tut bad das injen ist too hot to trot too long :cry:
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

A lot of cars like this in Detroit! Gotta give 'em credit for keepin it on the road.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

I went to a local car show yesterday and saw a bunch of cool stuff.

Honda 1000
Several years' models of the GT350
Some Skylines
A ratrod
Morris Minor
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport