Random Videos

All things photo, moving or not.
User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7099
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '16 Golf TSI SE
Location: Dutchess County

Re: Random Videos

Postby potownrob » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:48 pm

BUT DEM FAHGLEITZ!! :shock:

For Pizza!!!!

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 10486
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:44 pm
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty
Location: Greater Detroit Area

Re: Random Videos

Postby Rope-Pusher » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:21 pm

potownrob wrote:https://vimeo.com/12988566/recommended

ImageImageImageImage
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 10486
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:44 pm
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty
Location: Greater Detroit Area

Re: Random Videos

Postby Rope-Pusher » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:08 am


Director of Advance Powertrain and SRT Engineering with details on the Demon.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"

User avatar
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 15960
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:36 pm
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT
Location: Glocester, RI
Contact:

Re: Random Videos

Postby theholycow » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:44 pm

Rope-Pusher wrote:The "Rockford Turn" and How to Do It



http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/ji ... dailydrive

J-turns are a lot of fun.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 10486
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:44 pm
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty
Location: Greater Detroit Area

Re: Random Videos

Postby Rope-Pusher » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:05 pm



I remember being mad jelly over the Manta's fuel injection - carbureted vehicles had a lot of driveability issues back then what with emissions and fuel economy tuning. A fellow student in my combustions class said that, even in the dead of winter, all she had to do was twist the ignition key to start the car - no Morse code with the gas pedal required!

Back in those days of yore, you often had to learn a particular technique for starting a car, and it varied with the season of the year, how long the car had been sitting, the phase of the moon, etc. This knowledge was passed along to anyone who borrowed the vehicle or to the next owner.

Yeah, boring-out the carb jets and accelerator pump nozzles as well as increasing the rate of the centrifugal advance for the ignition helped a lot, but it wasn't legal for a stealership or a private garage to make those types of modification, so most folks just soldiered on with engines that sputtered and surged.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 10486
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:44 pm
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty
Location: Greater Detroit Area

Re: Random Videos

Postby Rope-Pusher » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:59 am

'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7099
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '16 Golf TSI SE
Location: Dutchess County

Re: Random Videos

Postby potownrob » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:14 am

Rope-Pusher wrote:
DO.WANT.NOW!!!! :o :!: :twisted:
BUT DEM FAHGLEITZ!! :shock:

For Pizza!!!!

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 10486
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:44 pm
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty
Location: Greater Detroit Area

Re: Random Videos

Postby Rope-Pusher » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:07 am

Which one Rob, the wife or the Musclestang?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7099
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '16 Golf TSI SE
Location: Dutchess County

Re: Random Videos

Postby potownrob » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:49 am

Rope-Pusher wrote:Which one Rob, the wife or the Musclestang?
two of each, STAT 8)
BUT DEM FAHGLEITZ!! :shock:

For Pizza!!!!

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 10486
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:44 pm
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty
Location: Greater Detroit Area

Re: Random Videos

Postby Rope-Pusher » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:22 am

potownrob wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote:Which one Rob, the wife or the Musclestang?
two of each, STAT 8)

OK, but you're going to be busy, hand-washing only, right?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7099
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '16 Golf TSI SE
Location: Dutchess County

Re: Random Videos

Postby potownrob » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:00 am

Rope-Pusher wrote:
potownrob wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote:Which one Rob, the wife or the Musclestang?
two of each, STAT 8)

OK, but you're going to be busy, hand-washing only, right?
only touch-less automatic car washes, for the musktanks that is :o :)
BUT DEM FAHGLEITZ!! :shock:

For Pizza!!!!

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 10486
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:44 pm
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty
Location: Greater Detroit Area

Re: Random Videos

Postby Rope-Pusher » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:35 am

'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 10486
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:44 pm
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty
Location: Greater Detroit Area

Re: Random Videos

Postby Rope-Pusher » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:56 pm

'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"

User avatar
InlinePaul
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1438
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:55 pm
Cars: 2001 Ranger 2.3L manual
Location: Detroit MI

Re: Random Videos

Postby InlinePaul » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:32 am

Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...

User avatar
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 15960
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:36 pm
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT
Location: Glocester, RI
Contact:

Re: Random Videos

Postby theholycow » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:10 pm

Rope-Pusher wrote:I remember being mad jelly over the Manta's fuel injection - carbureted vehicles had a lot of driveability issues back then what with emissions and fuel economy tuning. A fellow student in my combustions class said that, even in the dead of winter, all she had to do was twist the ignition key to start the car - no Morse code with the gas pedal required!

Back in those days of yore, you often had to learn a particular technique for starting a car, and it varied with the season of the year, how long the car had been sitting, the phase of the moon, etc. This knowledge was passed along to anyone who borrowed the vehicle or to the next owner.

Yeah, boring-out the carb jets and accelerator pump nozzles as well as increasing the rate of the centrifugal advance for the ignition helped a lot, but it wasn't legal for a stealership or a private garage to make those types of modification, so most folks just soldiered on with engines that sputtered and surged.

I hate cobbaraytas, and that crap with starting is one of the major reasons why...and that's even with my relatively well-behaved carburetor. Mine doesn't need much morse code, nor much seasonal variation. One press to set the choke, any season, when engine is cold. On the coldest days it might not stay alive after it fires unless I feed it some accelerator pedal for the first couple minutes. If it's warmed up, start like fuel injection. However, it took some years, many miles, and much meddling for it to begin behaving so well, and it's still nowhere near as good as computerized fuel injection.

I've finagled my ignition advance all kinds of ways, but what's this about boring out jets and nozzles? Just for the sake of going richer? That's not a compromise I'd want to make, dumping and wasting fuel like that all the time just so the stupid thing will start.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD


Return to “The Photo and Video Gallery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests