Drove my first paddle-shift race car

All things photo, moving or not.
GarySheehan
Master Standardshifter

Drove my first paddle-shift race car

Post by GarySheehan »

I have to say, it was frigging awesome! Granted, it was a racing sequential gearbox with straight cut gears, and it was lightning fast. The sound is amazing.

And this car is FWD! Blazingly quick. 15 seconds per lap faster than the Subaru STI we ran last year!

Here's in-car video from my helmet cam during a brief practice session last Friday.

Gary
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Re: Drove my first paddle-shift race car

Post by RITmusic2k »

Holy shit, Gary! That looked amazing.

I'm surprised to hear the race version of the TT-RS is FWD...

side note - an interesting thing I took from this video is just how well those guys behind Forza Motorsport did capturing the essence of engine sounds in their game... the audio in this vid made me think to myself, "wow, the car sounds like a videogame"... then I realized how ridiculous that sentence was.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Re: Drove my first paddle-shift race car

Post by Squint »

RITmusic2k wrote:side note - an interesting thing I took from this video is just how well those guys behind Forza Motorsport did capturing the essence of engine sounds in their game... the audio in this vid made me think to myself, "wow, the car sounds like a videogame"... then I realized how ridiculous that sentence was.
:lol: :lol: I've done the same thing, with movies too. Like, wow! That was just like in... oh wait.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!