I'm back...with a new car!

All things photo, moving or not.
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

I'm back...with a new car!

Post by LHOswald »

http://imgur.com/a/E5eDT

1999 Civic Hatchback DX with a B16a swap. Obviously 5 speed. Picked it up for $3000 cash from a buddy of mine that had a child and needed money for a more suitable car for a father. The B16a swap was done by himself and his brother (hes an Engineer\Machinist and his brothers a full time Mechanic) over the course of a few weeks with a completely rebuilt engine and all new accessories and he drove it around 40k miles until he sold it to me. As you can see its a little...2Fast2Furious at the moment, but this is how i bought the car. The drivers side side skirt is completely missing, as my friend had it accidently rip off the side of his car when he went over a speed bump he didn't see, going much too fast. I'm hoping to use the stock black plasticy looking side skirts off my old 98 coupe because even though the new car is a hatch, the ones from the coupe will fit, I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. The shell itself has around 192k I believe.

What is everyone else up to these days?
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: I'm back...with a new car!

Post by potownrob »

WOW...talk about blast from the past!! welcome back!!! that car must be a lot of fun to drive. we had a small SS meet out your way last summer with BK and Cow. maybe another meet is in store. :twisted:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter

Post by LHOswald »

It's even more fun when someone is in the car that doesn't know what's in it and they figure it'll be slower than molasses! Especially since it has the stock cluster that redlines at 6800 but the B16a revs out to 8200. People driving with me when I get onto a highway think I'm gonna blow it up!

Where was the meet you guys had? In ct? Or just in the New England area?
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

It was at the Traveler Restaurant in Union, CT. Delicious.

Poor Rob had to deal with my car being a mess so the seat couldn't go back far enough, and both dealt with my car having some serious problems, but I think fun was had by all.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Maybe a meat somewhere westish, like northern Michigan. I would try to make it then and I could drive around that trashpit that is Wisconsin.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote:Maybe a meat somewhere westish, like northern Michigan. I would try to make it then and I could drive around that trashpit that is Wisconsin.
get outta heya!! :o :lol:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

theholycow wrote:It was at the Traveler Restaurant in Union, CT. Delicious.

Poor Rob had to deal with my car being a mess so the seat couldn't go back far enough, and both dealt with my car having some serious problems, but I think fun was had by all.
it was good eats. then we drove each others cars and talked in a park & ride lot for an hour or two. i then drove up into MA for gas (and more food). Cow's car wasn't nearly as bad as he makes it out to be. 1st gear was popping out and i couldn't find the lights or other controls (been too long away from older american cars), but otherwise i don't remember having issues.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

potownrob wrote: otherwise i don't remember having issues.
The whole car was loose and clunky. Shortly afterwards I realized that an engine mount was broken and the pilot bushing was worn down to nothing and the transmission->bellhousing bolts were backed out most of the way so the whole drivetrain was flopping all over the place, which was the cause of all the gear funkyness...and the clutch disc had delaminated too.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

I can tell you all about the seats and seating position in those cars...How much time do you have? :lol: :lol:

It was fun! I enjoyed it and we'll have to for sure do it again this summer. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a new car.

Holy crap he's from Enfield!!! I frequent that area quite regularly.
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

bk7794 wrote:I can tell you all about the seats and seating position in those cars...How much time do you have? :lol: :lol:

It was fun! I enjoyed it and we'll have to for sure do it again this summer. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a new car.

Holy crap he's from Enfield!!! I frequent that area quite regularly.
gotta tell you, when i drove bk's civic, it didn't feel (or look) like a 15 year old car. it felt just as nice as my accord, tbh. 8)
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

Not quite sure what you were smoking haha :lol:
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

bk7794 wrote:Not quite sure what you were smoking haha :lol:
probably USA Golds 8)
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter

Post by LHOswald »

bk7794 wrote:Holy crap he's from Enfield!!! I frequent that area quite regularly.
Oh damn thats weird! I live right next to the mall so I wonder if we've ever seen each other while driving and never knew...
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

LHOswald wrote:
bk7794 wrote:Holy crap he's from Enfield!!! I frequent that area quite regularly.
Oh damn thats weird! I live right next to the mall so I wonder if we've ever seen each other while driving and never knew...
Don't you remember him? He was the guy that beat you off the line in the lane that ends 100 ft after the intersection and then you said that his parents weren't married when he was conceived. Yeah, THAT guy!
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"