Post by Sypher »

hmmm is that your driveway? :lol:
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: VW GTI Mk. V

Post by Perpetuus »

Sypher wrote:hmmm is that your driveway? :lol:
Haha no no, that's just a friend's cottage up north. :D
GTI Mk5 6MT -| Dieselgeek | VF Engineering | O.Z. | Wavetrac | Forge | AWE | H&R | Öhlins | ITG
Cato1974
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Cato1974 »

whereabouts in TO are you? I find myself flying along the QEW on occasion :)
great pics btw...
2007 Audi RS4 (Daytona Grey)
2006 Audi A8L (Black)
2003 Mercedes-Benz CL55 AMG (Black)
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

Cato1974 wrote:whereabouts in TO are you? I find myself flying along the QEW on occasion :)
great pics btw...
I live in North York, close to both QEW and DVP on-ramps.
Do you travel to Toronto on occasion?
GTI Mk5 6MT -| Dieselgeek | VF Engineering | O.Z. | Wavetrac | Forge | AWE | H&R | Öhlins | ITG
Cato1974
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Cato1974 »

I sure do :)
2007 Audi RS4 (Daytona Grey)
2006 Audi A8L (Black)
2003 Mercedes-Benz CL55 AMG (Black)
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

Cato1974 wrote:I sure do :)
Cool :D

Maybe I'll see that RS4 of yours soon. But I think you'll be the one to spot me first from the license plate.
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Re: My MK5 GTI is here!

Post by Perpetuus »

I know I haven't posted for a while, but my new job and many changes in life have been keeping me busy.
At the same time, that new job has enabled me to get some more treats for my car. :D

Since the last time I post, I swapped my wheels for lightweight Ultraleggeras. They are 17.8 lbs each only, as compared to probably 24 lbs each when stock. The difference in acceleration is noticeable, especially at highway speeds. Each wheel is also spaced 3mm out compared to stock, which is subtle visually, but probably contributed to better grip in the corners as well.

That, and also a set of big swaybars. I have had friends ride in my car and told me that they can't feel the car lean very much anymore, and that the car sticks like glue in the bends. They are right, it does all that and it does it well. In fact, it can carve into corners so hard that I have questioned whether the tires might buckle. The drive is definitely very addictive, and driving it normally is a lesson in self-control.

Pics!

Yes, I know. All that money spent and you can barely see it!

An LSD is next, I saved up the first $500 already. :D
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

Wow-wee. :shock: Your GTI at first was my absolutely perfect GTI from the dealer. My friend has exactly the same one as yours just grey (manual, of course :wink: ). I rode in it and it was SOOO great. Those wheels just make it like the ultimate sexmobile. Uber-props on das auto!
sbghms
Junior Standardshifter

Post by sbghms »

I just got a 2009 candy white rabbit 2dr. I absolutely love it. Needs some rims now, i'm searching franticly. I love the sound of the 2.5L 5 cylinder engine. I also drove a gti and i liked it more, but the price of the rabbit was too tempting at 7k dollars less or so.
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

I just got a 2009 candy white rabbit 2dr. I absolutely love it. Needs some rims now, i'm searching franticly. I love the sound of the 2.5L 5 cylinder engine. I also drove a gti and i liked it more, but the price of the rabbit was too tempting at 7k dollars less or so.
If I am not mistaken, the rabbit now has 170 hp instead of the previous 150 hp, which (compared to the GTI) makes it very tempting like you said! The 5 banger does sound nice, almost like a VR6 even.

What kind of rims are you looking for (radical ones or lightweight performance ones)?
I love the BBS RS-GTs, but I know I can never afford them.

sbghms
Junior Standardshifter

Post by sbghms »

Perpetuus wrote:
If I am not mistaken, the rabbit now has 170 hp instead of the previous 150 hp, which (compared to the GTI) makes it very tempting like you said! The 5 banger does sound nice, almost like a VR6 even.

What kind of rims are you looking for (radical ones or lightweight performance ones)?
I love the BBS RS-GTs, but I know I can never afford them.

Yep they gained 20hp and 7 ft. lbs. of torque in '08. Unfortunately I cannot test those since im still within the break in period. Right now i'm just looking to get a cheap set so that I can get these ugly 15" steelies off. I bought the car with them on because its cheaper and I knew I would be upgrading anyways. I think bbs's are a little out of my price range, but I absolutely love the look of them. Especially the LM's and CH's. Unfortunately I only have about $1000 to spend on wheels + tires +install. I'll probably end up getting some rs4 replicas.

Oh and here's the exhaust note that I LOVE: youtube.com/watch?v=dnoFtyKCgE8&feature=related
Sounds like a milder v10 lol.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Ultraleggeras are very sexy.

BBS RS GTs are also awesome, but I do like BBS CH as well.

One day I will get rims for my Rabbit.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

LOL, I haven't posted in my own thread for years now...amazing.

Happy to report that I just picked up a limited slip diff after all these years!

Anyway, more pics - winter mode!

Edit: This one looks better :)
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Perpetuus »

New suspension, going in next month!

94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

Ooooohlins! Must've cost a pretty penny but I bet they're worth it. I hear they make really nice suspension set-ups.