BETTER THAN DRAG?!

1320 feet of adrenaline
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

re:

Post by ReckLess »

sometimes i just drool in the sweeeeeeeeetttttttt move i could watch it over and over and over and over again
:twisted:
DELiRiUM
Junior Standardshifter

Post by DELiRiUM »

Hitting lift in a Celica Gt-S is sweet as well :D
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

re:

Post by ReckLess »

it also apply to the technique the person uses... the car maybe nicce but there are diffrent ways to drift and some look sweet well i think all look sweet if they do it properly
:twisted:
Ro(/\)tary
Junior Standardshifter

Drifting

Post by Ro(/\)tary »

Yeah drifting is good fun and all, but it can also be very dangerous. Just about anyone can throw a car into a drift, but not everyone can safely pull out of a drift. In my opinion, counter-steering during a drift to regain control can be the most dangerous part of a drift. Once your tires are pointing the right direction, your car wll hopefully start to pull back straight again. But if you countersteer too much or if you dont "counter-counter steer" in time, your ass is heading straight to the outside. Just be careful and take it slow at first. I've seen some bad shit happen when a guy thought it would be cool to drift a narrow corner and got thrown to the outside of the road. No one was killed or even hurt that bad, but damn it looked close.
...Pistons bad, Rotors good
camera94569
Junior Standardshifter

Clone him

Post by camera94569 »

Oh ye, we all wanna be just like you...
Tiamat
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Tiamat »

Wow... if you guys haven't already, you might want to check out the anime Inital D. It's terrible, the animation is horrible and the plot is worse but it's strangely addictive. Oh yeah, and it's all about street racing and drift and whatnot.
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

Tiamat wrote:Wow... if you guys haven't already, you might want to check out the anime Inital D. It's terrible, the animation is horrible and the plot is worse but it's strangely addictive. Oh yeah, and it's all about street racing and drift and whatnot.
actually, no, the fourth stage's animation are actually quite good... 1st stage and 2nd stage (maybe even thrid, i dont quite remember), yes.. but back then they used 3d cell shading and yes, it did look quite bad, but htat didnt ruin it. THe story back tehn was actually rather good. Foruth stage on the other hand is a trade off.... good animations with CG cell shading, however, the stroy line isnt nearly as good... but yet i still can wait for more episodes :D
Tiamat
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Tiamat »

Sypher, I never saw past 2nd Stage. It was something my anime club was playing and I just never bothered to pick it up once I stopped attending. Glad to hear the animation gets better though.
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

WOW this is ancient.

has anyone seen the initial d movie on dvd?
FREE ROMAN!
violinandbass87

Post by violinandbass87 »

subzero wrote:WOW this is ancient.
AMEN!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

chenga wrote:If you use the e-brake, you're not really drifting. It's more of a power slide then.
you can use the ebrake to initiate rear tire lock, and then power on it to keep em spinning.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

oops. didn't see the relicness of this thread. I love initial D. its quite interesting.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

what ever happend to Reckless...and chenga and koreanboi...
FREE ROMAN!
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

I held out a PHAT drift in a 5 inch puddle of water about a week ago. my buddies told me it looked awsome because I came around the corner drifting with massive rooster tails and a huge wave of water behind me :twisted:
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

Paolo300zx wrote:I held out a PHAT drift in a 5 inch puddle of water about a week ago. my buddies told me it looked awsome because I came around the corner drifting with massive rooster tails and a huge wave of water behind me :twisted:
^ mad tyte drifter over here.
FREE ROMAN!