Lucas Fuel System Cleaner

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Lucas Fuel System Cleaner

Post by eaglecatcher »

As much of a die hard Seafoam guy as I am, it's a little too expensive to use all the time. I was at autozone and figured what the heck, why not. The bottle cost me ten bucks and has enough to do like 8 of my ~15 gallon fuel tanks. Much better than 8 bucks for one tank with seafoam. I've used it and it's definitely good. No earth shatteringly awesome results, but runs a little better and smoother, and a tid bit mileage increase.

Definitely something I'll use as a good preventative maintenance thing on every (or every other) tank of gas to keep it running clean.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Re: Lucas Fuel System Cleaner

Post by vedran »

good pick.

i use lucas oil stabilizer and fuel system cleaner after every oil change. keeps my little black ack running clean :).
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

seafoam is 4 dollars at walmart

i wont put that lucas shit in my oil if you pay me. next time your at the parts store, walk over to the lucas display with the 8 gears, 4 with regular oil, 4 with lucas. when you spin the handles slow, lucas looks good, because you can see it climbing gears and stuff. now spin the lucas handle real fast and watch how air bubbles form in the lucas stuff. air bubbles in oil are bad because air doesnt lubricate.
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
padauk_dust
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '88 Accord, '96 VFR

Post by padauk_dust »

^ Was going to say the same thing.

Seafoam ftw. It's worth the extra $.
'88 Accord DX
'96 VFR750
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

when my engine takes a shit after lucas, i'll let you guys know
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

its a honda, you could put water in oil and it will run forever. proven on numerous youtube videos. you could take a taco bell shit in your oil fill and it will still run.
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

permabanned wrote:its a honda, you could put water in oil and it will run forever. proven on numerous youtube videos. you could take a taco bell shit in your oil fill and it will still run.
Actually, as greasy as Taco Bell is, that might not be a bad idea.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

i've used the Lucas Fuel System Cleaner before, in my old Corolla, also with really good results. at the time, it hadn't had any sort of fuel system cleaner in it for tens of thousands of miles. by the time i burned through half the gas tank the throttle was more responsive and the engine less sluggish.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
Saabstory02
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 VW .:R32

Post by Saabstory02 »

2012 Golf TDI - 6M, 4 Dr
| Chrome GTI Switches | Stainless Sport pedals | Golf R Steering Wheel, Shift Knob/boot & E-Brake | Moda MD6 wheels |
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

why is everyone talking about oil additives when this review is about fuel system cleaner?
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

^^ it's because i made a comment that i use the fuel system cleaner AND oil stabilizer every oil change

anyways,
don't know about all this, but i felt a big difference in my car since i've started using it. maybe i should look more into it

you're probably right about putting in water instead of oil, lol, the engines are indestructible. i have a friend who has a 88 accord and hasn't changed his oil in 20,000 miles, just added more to it. smart guy, i know

bob the oil guy has a web site from 1993, i have to see it for myself before i believe him.
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
Saabstory02
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 VW .:R32

Post by Saabstory02 »

vedran wrote:bob the oil guy has a web site from 1993, i have to see it for myself before i believe him.
Close...
The First Sentence on the BITOG website wrote: Bob Is The Oil Guy (BITOG) began in May 2002...
As for the test I linked to; that was copyright 2007; not exactly 15 year old results after all...

I do apologize for the oil discussion in a fuel topic though; I read the last couple posts and thought it was about oil additives :wink:
2012 Golf TDI - 6M, 4 Dr
| Chrome GTI Switches | Stainless Sport pedals | Golf R Steering Wheel, Shift Knob/boot & E-Brake | Moda MD6 wheels |
Tinton
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 91 MR2t, 88&86 Fieros

Post by Tinton »

permabanned wrote:seafoam is 4 dollars at walmart

i wont put that lucas shit in my oil if you pay me. next time your at the parts store, walk over to the lucas display with the 8 gears, 4 with regular oil, 4 with lucas. when you spin the handles slow, lucas looks good, because you can see it climbing gears and stuff. now spin the lucas handle real fast and watch how air bubbles form in the lucas stuff. air bubbles in oil are bad because air doesnt lubricate.
I put that Lucas Oil Stabilizer or whatever in my old automatic '88 Fiero a couple of years ago. I had only seen the little gear setups at auto parts stores and I thought it worked pretty well there, and my mechanic said he used it in his car.

That Fiero took 5 qts of oil so I mixed about 1 quart of the Lucas shit with 4 quarts of normal 10w30 motor oil and dropped it into the engine. After that, a sloshing noise started coming from the bottom end of the engine (like it started right at the first startup with the Lucas) that wasn't there before. That car only had about 47,000 miles on it when I sold it so I wasn't experiencing any problems with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that engine has an early death because of the Lucas. I know the guy I sold it to so I'll keep in touch and see if it explodes. Ever since then and after hearing about the foaming problem with Lucas Oil Stabilizer I won't put it in my cars at all.
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

well after reading up on it, i guess you guys are right about it, i read some interesting stories on the internets. like Tinton, i put it in my acura every oil change because i was told it was good by a mechanic

thanks for the info

//BTW: what i meant was the design of his web site follows old standards and looks terrible, not that the information it contained was from 1993
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
valbowski1980
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 1999 Saab 9-5 LPT

Post by valbowski1980 »

As a fuel injector cleaner maybe but I would never add anything like that to motor oil.

IMHO if you aren't happy with your oil then use a better one instead of an additive.