Kumho Ecsta ASX (Ultra High Performance All Season Tires)

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
CGMSTI
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: WRX STI

Re: Kumho Ecsta ASX (Ultra High Performance All Season Tires)

Post by CGMSTI »

Yeah I went 235/40/18 to fit my new rims. Maybe that's why it is a bit more expensive. I should get some photos on here sometime :lol:

No rubbing whatsoever with this size, and I'm still on stock suspension.

The way I see it, even if I was on stock size tires I wouldn't really wana drive on my spare. I rather call and wait for a flatbed than drive on a spare. However, I rarely travel out of the city so my opinion is flawed.
2007 Crystal Grey Metallic STI
zender05
Senior Standardshifter

Post by zender05 »

You had MX's before? Man. I don't drop by the forum too much, but I wish I could have given you some advice before buying those. My opinion: great tires, too much noise/harshness for the street. But (this was when they were $101 a tire) for the money, the most grip of pretty much any tire out there.

I don't if it is feasible where you live (summer tires, i'm in FL), but I switched to the SPT's and I'll probably never go to another tire again.
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

^^ lol... dude, you recommended the MXs to me! :lol:

http://www.standardshift.com/forum/view ... =10&t=4648
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Yeah! What he said!
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

ive got these on the 300zx... 245 font and 275 rears.. i havent got the chance to spank the sh!t out of them because the zx is in storage but the limited driving i did on then they were great!
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

*is the one who told zender to stop on by...*
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

paul34 wrote:sorry to jack your thread jomo, btw, where have YOU been, too?! :mrgreen:
busy at work and either working on the house, watching the news, or playing Fallout 3 when i'm at home. carpet comes up tomorrow and hardwood flooring goes in next weekend. lots of work ahead! :D

btw i forgot to say... hi zender! long time no see. :lol:
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
DKaz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mazda3, Matrix, R3

Post by DKaz »

Great write up! A buddy of mine was looking at these tires, I'll refer him over here.
AHTOXA wrote:The biggest benefit of directional tires is resistance to hydroplaning and $60 a year isn't a bad sacrifice. Based on my personal experience I prefer directional tread.

With asymmetrical directional tires you are only limited to rotation front to back on the same side.
Asymmetrical tires are typically non-directional and only have an outside-inside designation and thus they can go on any position following standard tire rotation patterns.

I had Nokian WR G2s and it had excellent hydroplaning and slushplaning resistance because of the outside all-season like water evacuation design and inside winter tire like slush evacuation (as well as water evacuation) design. As I've said about the tires before, I could not get them to hydroplane even if I purposes went through deep puddles at 60mph+. Their i3, H, V, and Z G2 tires are also asymmetrical, made to sipe water towards the inside rather than the outside of the tires reducing water spray from the tires that affect other drivers.
09 Mazda 5 GS 6MT - His
12 Mazda 3 GS-L Skyactiv 6MT - Hers

ImageImage