"Assured" 100 Count Generic Benedryl

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
ihartmacz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 1998 Ford Mustang Coupe

"Assured" 100 Count Generic Benedryl

Post by ihartmacz »

Performance: 10
Handling: 10
Practicality: 10
Reliability: 10
Cost to own: 10
Feasibility of Sexual Encounters: 5

Preface: This was a $1 for 100 tablets at our local dollar store.

Performance: These rock, they take about as long as regular benedryl to start working and are just as effective. You could probably be a mess with snot coming from both nostils, eyes welded shut with crust, and sneezing every 3 seconds and in just a matter of an hour or so be ready to face the day (almost).

Handling: They're pretty small and are easy to swallow.

Practicality: The only downside is that they make you feel tired as hell. For me its like taking six Tylenol PMs.

Reliability: They work pretty much every time. I don't know what else to say here.

Cost to own: They cost a f**cking dollar, bitch.

Feasibility of Sexual encounters: You're going to be pretty tired to have a lot of sex. At least she won't think you're gross with snot coming from every hole in your body.

From personal experience, if you have something stimulating to do you won't have such a hard time with feeling drowsy. It really does suck sometimes, though.
1998 Ford Mustang
3.8L V6 AKA "Essex"
"Hot Doritos"
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Re: "Assured" 100 Count Generic Benedryl

Post by LHOswald »

i think the feasibility of sexual encounters should be higher. like a 10. you could slip her a few and you'd be getting it in in no time

i have a pretty bad allergy to cats and mold, and i have 5 cats in my house and the lawn gets moldy when noone picks it up after mowing it, so i take benadryl pretty regularly, so i never really feel the drowsiness of it
ihartmacz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 1998 Ford Mustang Coupe

Post by ihartmacz »

LHOswald wrote:i think the feasibility of sexual encounters should be higher. like a 10. you could slip her a few and you'd be getting it in in no time

i have a pretty bad allergy to cats and mold, and i have 5 cats in my house and the lawn gets moldy when noone picks it up after mowing it, so i take benadryl pretty regularly, so i never really feel the drowsiness of it

I guess that's true, or both of you can take them and you can say you slept together for 16 hours. lol

Some medicine affects other people differently. For me it does make drowsy.
1998 Ford Mustang
3.8L V6 AKA "Essex"
"Hot Doritos"
buster
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Prius

Post by buster »

ihartmacz wrote: They're pretty small and are easy to swallow.
t.w.s....

....no...i won't...
"and Leon's getting laaaarrrrgggggeeeerrrr"
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

buster wrote:
ihartmacz wrote: They're pretty small and are easy to swallow.
t.w.s....

....no...i won't...
twss

That said, take a small handful and you'll be tripping balls in no time, quite possibly resulting in psychosis or a violent rampage. Fun fun.
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

ihartmacz wrote:Practicality: The only downside is that they make you feel tired as hell. For me its like taking six Tylenol PMs.
That's because diphenhydramine is the active ingredient in Benadryl-style allergy medications, the sedative active ingredient in Tylenol PM (and most other analgesic/sedative combinations - Advil PM, Excedrin PM, etc), and the only active ingredient in many OTC sleep aids (such as Nytol). As far as I can tell there's no difference between Benadryl and the sleep aids/sleep aid component of Tylenol PM.

Can't sleep? Benadryl is fine for the job. Feeling allergic? Tylenol PM will work fine. Just pay attention to the dosage of each.

So, which dollar store carries that stuff? Dollar store generic meds haven't always worked so well for me, I got some dollar store loratadine (Claritin) and they weren't effective at all. They did have stronger side-effects, and of course I couldn't follow them with a dose of good quality loratadine until the normal dose time was gone.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

loratadine doesn't work for me. and i take benadryl to sleep. lol
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff