I BOUGHT FORZA MOTORSPORTS 3

Test drive a car? Have a favorite oil filter? Love your LCD TV? Post the product in the title and review away!
Bawked
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 08 JDM Subaru Impreza STI

Re: I BOUGHT FORZA MOTORSPORTS 3

Post by Bawked »

this is only the game i'd want a 360 for :( i just couldn't be bothered with RROD bull....
<3 fwd
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

If you buy a new 360 today you won't have to worry about it. Everything that's shipping now has the Falcon chip (smaller transistor fabrication; don't remember the number offhand but for conversation's sake, let's say 60nm process versus the 80nm process of previous chips) which generates less heat, and it also has better cooling. No more fear of RRoDs.

And yeah, FM3 is still a great great game.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

Even if you do get the RRoD, the fix took me about 20 minutes with little to no experience with dem dere vija games and 'puters n such. And it's worked great for almost a year now, and I can comfortably say it will last as long as the rest of the system.
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

The 360 still shouldn't have been rushed. That's a bad move hardware wise. They're still paying for that mistake.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

wewt! Got Forza 3 today as a belated birthday gift from mah homie who's home from school for Thanksgiving. We messed around with it for a while, so far I'm pretty impressed by it. I of course chose manual w/ clutch right away, which is cool. It's going to take some getting used to, but once I get that under my belt, I think I'll be playing this game non-stop (and wtf they changed the shift buttons, I'll have to fix that).
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

i think that having the right analog stick for shifting works well with the top right shoulder button for the clutch. gas bottom right, brake bottom right, behind view top left. A (for 360) or X (for ps3) for handbrake. its how i play all my racing games with a controller
Bawked
Master Standardshifter

Post by Bawked »

If the g25 worked with the 360 I would get one.... wtf doesn't it. Oh well i'll play some proper simulation on the pc.
<3 fwd
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

Bawked wrote:If the g25 worked with the 360 I would get one.... wtf doesn't it. Oh well i'll play some proper simulation on the pc.
Yeah. It's F'in stupid. MS should really allow more 3rd party accesories. I wanna try this game soooo bad, but the only friend I know who has it is an elitist prick who thinks I like hearing him talk about his gamerscore. :roll: . Don't wanna hear that while I'm driving.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
Bawked
Master Standardshifter

Post by Bawked »

^ Just say stfu, I'm getting my drift on!
<3 fwd
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

Bawked wrote:^ Just say stfu, I'm getting my drift on!
+dropkick him in the testicles
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

Say to him, "That's not a gamer score, that's a lamer score." If you live in a 1980's movie, you will win the argument.
padauk_dust
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '88 Accord, '96 VFR

Post by padauk_dust »

I got this game the other day; it's very well put together. I really like having the interior viewpoint. The physics are better; each car has a very defined feel. They got Ferrari right this time. In FM2 I absolutely could not drive Ferrari; there was something about them that I just couldn't handle. This game just perfects the subtleties to each individual car, track, tuning move etc. The only thing holding me back from absolutely loving it is having a racing wheel - a real, 3 pedal, gated shifter one. With that the experience would be complete.
RITmusic2k wrote:Say to him, "That's not a gamer score, that's a lamer score." If you live in a 1980's movie, you will win the argument.
:lol:
'88 Accord DX
'96 VFR750
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

I'm starting to like Grid over GT5. I only have the demo for Grid, but is the game actually worth buying?
Bawked
Master Standardshifter

Post by Bawked »

grids a good game to lax and play... I mostly just do the drift mode lol. I'd say its worth it if you want to add a decent arcade racer to the collection.
<3 fwd
Roymond
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Roymond »

I still can't believe this game has a Toyota YARIS in it but not a Toyota Corolla. They suck.