The replacement is in ... my new chariot! UPDATE: Dec. 20

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
PureLife
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '98 BMW 323is (2.8)

Re: The replacement is in ... my new chariot! UPDATE: Dec. 2

Post by PureLife »

I just realized I haven't been around much at all last few months ... busy with work and life I guess. :lol:

Anyway, I am back to driving a BMW ... I always come back to them somehow. The Suby got sideswiped and totaled and I sold the Miata shortly afterwards as it just wasn't practical as my only car and I need the money to purchase a daily driver. So here it is: a 2000 BMW 323ci 5 speed.

When I bought it, it had a horrible fart cannon that I will not show but that has since been replaced with a much nicer dual tip muffler; the intake was there when I bought it. The only other thing I have done is slap on new tires, brakes and 12mm spacers all around, and the trunk lip spoiler. It's not perfect (actually very far from it), but I still like it a lot.

AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

I hope she treats you well - nice car. I'd be highly reluctant to buy from a ricer.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
PureLife
Master Standardshifter

Post by PureLife »

Trust me I didn't want it either at the beginning but I was in a pinch and needed a car and my dad had this (bought at auction to resell) ... so it kinda fell into my hands.

It hasn't been too bad so far in the 6 months I've had it or so.
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

new car looks good. I just want to say the first car you had, the white one, the pedals looked very close together.

Regardless love it!
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
PureLife
Master Standardshifter

Post by PureLife »

Must be the angle of the picture because I assure you they're the same as in the new one ... actually come to think of it, I'm pretty sure BMW has the same actual pedals/pedal arrangement in every car made since like ... 1980s.
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 WRX, '07 Impreza

Post by 4onthefloor »

I'm bummed that you lost the GC. Two doors are rare, even rarer in red.
Two pedals, two feet, too easy.

Car: 2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition
http://www.standardshift.com/forum/view ... 32&t=13230
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

haha, welcome back to the team, buddy! She looks lovely!
PureLife
Master Standardshifter

Post by PureLife »

Thanks!!
4onthefloor wrote:I'm bummed that you lost the GC. Two doors are rare, even rarer in red.
Yeah, me too. :( I had big plans for it too ... oh well, everything happens for a reason I guess. :?
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

i've seen other people go back and forth between subaru and bmw (not to compare the brands or their cars LOL), and i have to admit to (since buying a subaru) being a little confused why they'd jump ship to bmw, but then it's made clear the bmw is far superior, rides better, drives better, etc. 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
PureLife
Master Standardshifter

Post by PureLife »

potownrob wrote:i've seen other people go back and forth between subaru and bmw (not to compare the brands or their cars LOL), and i have to admit to (since buying a subaru) being a little confused why they'd jump ship to bmw, but then it's made clear the bmw is far superior, rides better, drives better, etc. 8)
BMW is a much more "complete" car ... even compared to my base-spec 318i, my Imprezas somehow felt basic and cheap, but honestly that aside, Subarus are superbly engineered pieces of machinery. I'd drive a Subaru any day without ever thinking that I have somehow downgraded.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

PureLife wrote:
potownrob wrote:i've seen other people go back and forth between subaru and bmw (not to compare the brands or their cars LOL), and i have to admit to (since buying a subaru) being a little confused why they'd jump ship to bmw, but then it's made clear the bmw is far superior, rides better, drives better, etc. 8)
BMW is a much more "complete" car ... even compared to my base-spec 318i, my Imprezas somehow felt basic and cheap, but honestly that aside, Subarus are superbly engineered pieces of machinery. I'd drive a Subaru any day without ever thinking that I have somehow downgraded.
i know what you mean, and that's more or less what people say after moving up to a bmw. it's nothing to feel bad about or sugar coat - the impreza is an economy car, albeit a good one, but a bmw is something else. even something like a decked-out legacy GT is missing something you need to move up to another brand to get.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
PureLife
Master Standardshifter

Post by PureLife »

So new years eve I go to a friend's for some drinking and celebration. I sit down while we're waiting for people to show up ... I've had a couple drinks. I get on craigslist on my phone. The 318i from the beginning of this thread. Ah!! Immediately I send a message on facebook to the guy I sold it to and tell him I want to come buy the car. He gives me his number. I continue with the drinking.

What do I do first thing when I wake up today? I call him. Fast forward to 3 hours later ... we're in dad's own 318i going to look at it. Long story short ...

The car has done only 11k miles since I sold it 2.5 years ago, .. it needs some work now, but regardless it feels so right. She's back where she belongs! :)
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Congrats - the particle scion has returned.

Did ewe kill the fatted calf?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

still keeping the 323??
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

When you have the right car for you, you should never let it go. Glad you got it back.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD