Please welcome White Castle

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mustang GT

Please welcome White Castle

Post by eggwich delfiero »

Hello everyone,

Just got back into an MT car and have been checking out the site and thought I'd join. I'm already cracking up about the SC/DC lingo and I love the overall enthusiasm. Driving a manual vehicle and driving a manual vehicle optimally are definitely two different things, so I know I can learn alot on this site. This is my third MT-equipped car, though it's the first one since the mid '90s. She's an 09 Mustang GT MT no options no mods and her name is White Castle. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Re: Please welcome White Castle

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

Nice! More pics! Is it spoilerless? Those look the best IMO.
padauk_dust
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '88 Accord, '96 VFR

Post by padauk_dust »

Nice choice. I bet it's a blast to drive. I like how clean it is; white is a good color on that car.
+1 on more pics. :D

By the way, welcome!
'88 Accord DX
'96 VFR750
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

welcome :) more pics when you get them plz! :D
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter

Here are a few more pics for you all, thanks for the kind words. She is fun to drive, no doubt about that. Of course, I'd rather have bought a 2010 model, but the arrival of the 2010s are the only thing that brought this car down to a price I could afford. A few very basic mods will wake her up even more, but I need to get a few thousand miles on her first (and a new job :wink: ) The only mod I've done so far is tearing out the cloth upholstery (seats only) and replacing it with a leather interior.

Thanks for the compliments on the color, too. I like these cars in white because it shows off the black trim well. Usually I'm a black car guy but I've come to like white on some cars in the last few years (used to hate it). People say these Mustangs are too big and bloated, and I hear that, but I like the big bodies and the white makes it look all the more overweight and bloaty :). And, the 09 GT MT is almost 200 pounds lighter than the 10 GT MTs.

My only complaint about the car is that like many new cars that are offered with 19" rims as an option, smaller rims (mine are 17") really don't fill out the wheel well completely and it throws off the proportions of the car a bit. You'll see from the side views there is like a 1-2" gap between where my tires end and the fender line above them. Not the biggest complaint in the world, but there it is. I will be switching to some 18s sooner or later so that I can buy better tires with a larger contact patch without adding too much weight to the car. I like the looks of bigger rims on these cars, but I don't need to add that extra rotational mass. Plus, low profile tires for 19 or 20 inch rims are way too pricey to be replace.

And yeah, I like these cars better with the spoiler removed as well. I will probably remove mine in time, but I need to read up on it more. I know these cars don't need the spoiler, but I've been reading about air currents over trunklids and how spoilers help to break up the way air travels over the trunk, giving the backend more stability. And yes, I understand it's not a wing or a trefoil and it's not generating downforce. But yeah, I agree, these cars look better without it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter

I think I have one more small enough to upload...

Man it's nice having a preview button.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

I have always had a soft spot for mustangs.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Throw some oats in the feedbag!
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

Nice choice on the wheels. My ideal S197 is just like yours except spoiler-less. I like it!
Silverado
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Nice! You have a way with a camera too. Where are all the Stang haters at?
Been driving stick since March of 2009
paul34 wrote:good luck on the stickshifting journey - it never ends! And we're all in it together.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Not hating. Yet. Most of my hatred for Stangs comes from the owners. As our eggy new friend so far appears to be a genuine sort of chap, I have no problem with the car. The fact that its an actual real live manual Mustang doesnt hurt.
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter

Thanks for the compliments. I've probably taken a hundred pics of her, and I still don't have one of the rear that looks good. Part of the problem is my skinny stock tires take all the Macho out of the direct rear angle shot, and part of it is my lack of skill, and part of it is it just has kind of a weird butt. I like the rims too, but honestly they were just the cheapest ones available.

And hey, I can understand anti-Mustang sentiment. I don't condone it, but I understand it. And for the record, I'm not That Guy doing 45 through subdivisions with the trunk rattling from four 15s. I also don't wear Oakleys and pull high school chicks at the mall, but I'm working on it.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

No Mustang hate here, but the username "eggwich delfiero" makes me want to go to breakfast with Tinton.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
PureLife
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '98 BMW 323is (2.8)

Post by PureLife »

Needs Weld draglites with some meaty rubber and a loud exhaust ... But yes, it looks very nice as it is.
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter

I was just throwing up a few pics in the Show Us Your Shifter thread and thought I'd add a few here as well while I'm at it...