Chogokin's 2009 Altima Coupe

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
Chogokin
Junior Standardshifter

Chogokin's 2009 Altima Coupe

Post by Chogokin »

Hello! I'm new to this site, and new to MT cars in general. It was suggested on the introduction thread that I take some pictures of my car's interior for the curious, and this seemed like the place to put 'em up.

So, here's my baby. It's a 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE MT. It has a dark slate gray exterior, charcoal gray interior, with the premium package. This is my first brand-new car, and my first MT car.

Here's a side view, which I think provides a good idea of the size and proportions:

Here's the front as seen from the passenger side. The seats are leather, the rest of the interior is mostly in a soft plastic, parts in a rigid plastic, and aluminum trim.

Here is one view of the back seats. You can probably also tell from this picture one of the problems with the car, namely poor visibility when trying to look out the back due to the small window and thick rear pillar.

However, the seating in the back is pretty spacious, although perhaps a wee bit uncomfortable unless you're missing your legs below the knee.

Here's the instrument cluster. I am proud of the fact that my combined city/highway MPG is 27.2. Average highway mileage in this car is 26 or 27.

Here's the entertainment and environmental control panel. This model comes with a 6-CD changer, 9 speaker Bose sound system, and an audio in jack if you want to use your mp3 player instead. The AC is dual zone, so your passenger can set it to a different value if preferred. It also has a hands-free Bluetooth connection for your cell phone, of which I have made a lot of use. I didn't take a picture of it, but there are two compartments in the armrest, one of which contains a power outlet. I have my cell-phone car charger plugged into that, and I run the connector up into the second compartment, which is just big enough for the cell phone, so I can keep the cell phone charged up in the car, and no one can see it from the outside.

Another interior feature which I absolutely love is the rear view mirror, which is auto-dimming and has a built-in compass. Driving around the back roads, I have already had occasion to appreciate the compass function, and as someone who does a fair amount of night driving, I love the auto-dimming feature as well. No more headlights glaring into my eyes at night! Also, the ceiling compartment between the mirror and the dome light is designed to hold a pair of sunglasses.

One more strike against the car, though, is the trunk space. It is a surprisingly shallow trunk. I can only barely fit the bodies of my victims inside, and I have to make sure they are unconscious, because there is an interior trunk release. The rear seats fold down, and the catches are inside the trunk, which could be considered either good or bad. There's one dangling to the left of my car cover. I think I'd rather that they were accessible from the doors, or even better from both the doors or the trunk. Oh well, maybe the 2010 model will address that...

vedran
Master Standardshifter

Re: Chogokin's 2009 Altima Coupe

Post by vedran »

very nice car, man!

i totally forgot about the altima coupes. i didn't know that they offered the 2 door with a 6 speed AND the VQ35 :D . very cool

once again, welcome to the forums!
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Post by ColJessip »

I bet you wont get tired of that exhaust note.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

She's a looker!
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
padauk_dust
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '88 Accord, '96 VFR

Post by padauk_dust »

Very nice car. 27 mpg is great for what it is. Amazing how technology has come along... A ~270 hp 3.5l V6 getting nearly the same mileage as my 2 liter 98hp inline 4.

Beautiful! Looks great as a coupe.
'88 Accord DX
'96 VFR750
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

*Drool* I want it :lol: I bet that thing eats up the highways like nothing.
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Rear wheels should be closer to the rear of the door. Just look at that huge wheelbase! Bad bad.
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter

Leedeth wrote:Rear wheels should be closer to the rear of the door. Just look at that huge wheelbase! Bad bad.
:? Wheels at the extreme corners means more balance. You want a long wheelbase and a short width...
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Image Why would you want a shorter wheelbase? Maybe if we were talking about something that's so long that it's difficult to park, but then you're not very worried about handling or stability anyway...
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

nice car :)
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

padauk_dust wrote:Very nice car. 27 mpg is great for what it is. Amazing how technology has come along... A ~270 hp 3.5l V6 getting nearly the same mileage as my 2 liter 98hp inline 4.
Or my 2.0 185hp turbo four
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter

Or doing 4 better MPG on average than my 1.8L I-4 :x
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mustang GT

Post by eggwich delfiero »

Wow, beautiful car. You rarely see these in coupe form. Seeing this makes me wonder why I see so many Infiniti G35s and so few of these. Great engine.
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

my 200 and chump change hp n/a v6 gets 24-25mpg depending whether i beat on it or not.

awesome looking ride man, put an exhaust on it. nothing too loud or obnoxious. go with a borla, hard to go wrong with a borla on a VQ
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Post by ColJessip »

Or doing 2MPG better than my 6.0 V8 at 40 MPH avg.