Watkins' Viggen Pics and Projects

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Watkins' Viggen Pics and Projects

Post by potownrob »

i almost never know what to make of black rims; they might actually look good on this car; i'll know for sure when i see them at the meet :shock: :) 8)

p.s. i forget if i told you a friend might come with me to the meet; i'll try to remember to pm you or tony about it.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

94Corolla5Speed wrote:Your fat boat of a car makes those wheels look laughably tiny.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

Wheels look very nice. Do like.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

Way behind on keeping up with this thread...
So, here we go.
watkins wrote:And yes, solid rear axle is about as fail as it gets. Especially considering a Neon of the same age has IRS
Believe it or not, my mother's '96 Eagle Vision had IRS. Downside was, replacing rear suspension components on that thing was an epic PITA! Rode well, handled well for a FWD autotragic. The suspension was just a bitch to work on.
watkins wrote:Saab decided to go with that unpleasant plastic brush type of "boot"
My Cavalier had one. Taking the console apart on a 12 year old car with one of those, when said car has been beaten to hell, reveals in a frightening manner exactly how much dirt can wind up under the stupid brush.
watkins wrote:Its a small detail I know, but its the little things that matter. And yes, I know it looks a bit phallic. Get over it.
Hey, you can say something that not all of us here can say. "My car is very well endowed. Look! See?"
watkins wrote:Im very sensitive to cabin light at night.
It was to the point where, for the longest time, I'd turn the dimmer down to minimum before I headed out on the road, didn't matter what I was driving... Especially dad's truck. It's nice not to have to turn on the dome light for some things, but damn does it screw up your night vision.
watkins wrote:Your mom says all the doctors laughed at your physicals year after year.
Actually, his mama had such good genes, when he was born, the doctor went to smack his mama instead of him, and he slapped the doctor... with his wang.

Warner wrote:I bet driving does suck in that type of weather, but it must be beautiful and awesome otherwise.
Not really... The sudden ass-end-kick-loose with any RWD vehicle is... interesting... But no biggie if you can keep it under control. It is beautiful and awesome otherwise, minus the cold. The cold is the awful part. I could handle freezing cold weather once. My body is not so forgiving nowadays. The plus, though, is snow drifting no matter the drivetrain. :twisted:

Watkins:
Very nice mounting position for the scangauge. The winter wheels look way better in white! The summer wheels look slick.
Nice work on the handbrake boot. Boost gauge install is perfectly clean. It's very easy to hack your way through a job like that, but you did it right. Son, I am the exact opposite of disappoint. I know you're taking good care of her, but the salt just makes me shudder.

Very good so far! Now... Dew moar modz! I'm rather interested in seeing what you can do.
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

94Corolla5Speed wrote:Your fat boat of a car makes those wheels look laughably tiny.
Oh Reginald....

I DISAGREE!!

This is how you make big wheels look laughably tiny:

94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

That Lexus actually looks better than watkins car in the 3/4 rear view picture. I'm sorry, the hatch just makes it look like it has an incredibly large, unattractive ass.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

AHTOXA wrote:Chris, I must admit that after seeing the wheels now and seeing them in person when you just bought the car - they looked good then but they look much better now.
Thanks. I did like them in silver, but they way they so perfectly match the trim is just much classier

potownrob wrote:i almost never know what to make of black rims; they might actually look good on this car; i'll know for sure when i see them at the meet :shock: :) 8)
Theyre graphite, not black. Black would have indeed looked horrible.

My car isnt exactly a fat boat. Its quite long looking because of the overhangs but its actually a very small car by today's standards. Its about the same size as my neighbor's Neon thats parked next to it

94Corolla5Speed wrote:That Lexus actually looks better than watkins car in the 3/4 rear view picture. I'm sorry, the hatch just makes it look like it has an incredibly large, unattractive ass.
The hatch does add some girth for sure. But if you look at the lines of the car - belt crease and lower window line into the hood in particular - it makes sense. The car is a wedge shape
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

I saw a white 93 on my way to work today. Only Saab I've ever seen in white. Looked fanf*ckingtastic in white.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

I almost bought a white three door 9-3 with the catalogue kit on it before the Viggen popped up:

I promise it looks better in while
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

I must admit that I wasn't happy when I learned that the goat's not made in white. I really like white cars. I had my white truck and at the time when I was getting my Rabbit, it was either the gray that I got or white. I went with the gray as I wanted a different color, which I later regretted and wished I got white.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

Oh yeah... I did a headlight wiper delete too when I put in new Silverstar bulbs
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Is it weird that I still secretly want a car with the headlight wipers? I think it's neat and awesome.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

You can have mine
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Heh...
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

AHTOXA wrote:Is it weird that I still secretly want a car with the headlight wipers? I think it's neat and awesome.
'Til the first time you get freezing rain...
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200