Manualshift's 2010 Mazda 3 Sport GS

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
manualshift
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Mazda 3 Sport GS

Manualshift's 2010 Mazda 3 Sport GS

Post by manualshift »

i gotta say after driving this car for 30 mins, i tried to move my paseo and damn it was so different, clutch was stiff, the shifter was too long LOL... btw does the 2010 mazda 3 come with a short shifter :S it seems like it to me. But maybe that's just because i'm use to a 1992 toyota paseo transmission
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Re: Manualshift's 2010 Mazda 3 Sport GS

Post by six »

Black cherry! Cool color, and cool car :D

And yes, the Mazda3's shifter should be a lot shorter than your old Paseo.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

Great car! Looks beautiful :)
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

Congrats! I'm sure it's a lot of fun to drive compared to the Paseo. I'm not surprised the shifts feel short compared to your old car. I know when I drive other MT cars and then go back to mine (early-mid 90s Toyota-ish car similar to yours) it feels like I'm rowing a boat.
manualshift
Senior Standardshifter

Post by manualshift »

Thanks guys, so it doesn't have a short shifter like the ones they sell as aftermarket right? And yeah it's so comfy that only after 40 km of drivign it the paseo felt like a plastic car lol. ]

Oh and weird thing was i could let out the clutch all the way slowly without gas and not stallign :S Is this normal? And yeah the rpm idles at 750. It's cold out but thats after like 5-10 mins of driving
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

manualshift wrote:Thanks guys, so it doesn't have a short shifter like the ones they sell as aftermarket right? And yeah it's so comfy that only after 40 km of drivign it the paseo felt like a plastic car lol. ]

Oh and weird thing was i could let out the clutch all the way slowly without gas and not stallign :S Is this normal? And yeah the rpm idles at 750. It's cold out but thats after like 5-10 mins of driving
I don't know whether or not Mazda puts what they would consider a short shifter on the 6spd manual Mazda3s, but if I had to guess I would say you don't actually have a short shifter.

Do you mean no-gas launches? Look that up on here and see if that's what you're talking about. If so, that's completely normal.
manualshift
Senior Standardshifter

Post by manualshift »

oh that's not what i'm talking about. I was just talking about how i can let out the clutch pedal without any gas at all but yeah i posted on mazda forums and apparently on a flat surface road its fine.
buster
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Prius

Post by buster »

manualshift wrote:oh that's not what i'm talking about. I was just talking about how i can let out the clutch pedal without any gas at all but yeah i posted on mazda forums and apparently on a flat surface road its fine.
So yeah, you're talking about no-gas launches.

Really nice looking car. Enjoy it!!
"and Leon's getting laaaarrrrgggggeeeerrrr"
Werty
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 09 Mazda3

Post by Werty »

Nice car! Good choice going with black, it minimizes the "smile".

For short shifter, the best choice is from TWM, however they don't yet have one available for the 2010 6spd, only the 04-09 5spd. If you've joined mazda3forums.com, check the TWM section and they'll update it with new products.
manualshift
Senior Standardshifter

Post by manualshift »

So should i follow what the dealer told me saying that all i have to do for the break in is just take it easy and vary revs, then at 5000 km change oil? I'm running SAE 5W-20 right now, and i feel like changing oil at 1000 km since i've read about it online lol. Anyways anyone know if SAE 5W20 is synthetic or not :$
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

^^^ What paul34 said.

I can no-gas launch, just like you describe, and then I can continue through all the gears without ever touching the gas pedal.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD